Chapter Sixteen

AN:
Hey guys. I updated but I will apologize because this one's shorter than the other chapters.
Anyways, I hope you'll still like this and comment your thoughts about it. It will be very much appreciated. 😊

Enjoy!

-M

He signaled the taxi driver to go and then he faced me.

"Why did you tell him to go?" I asked him.

"Because I'm taking you home." He simply said and grab my wrist leading me to his car. He opened the door of the passenger's seat and waited for me to get in his car.

I look at him again and he just smiled. I get in his car still amused at the situation. He closed the door and immediately get in the driver's seat.

I didn't talk because I don't want to annoy him. And I really don't know how to start. But as we reach the main road, he speaks.

"Aish. We're stuck in this traffic." He said while his eyes were fixed on the ocean of cars in front of us.

I just stare outside the window and sigh.

"You know.. Noona was worried about you. She panicked when she didn't saw you at the store." He said, his eyes still fixed at the cars in front of us.

"I'm really sorry. Please tell Joo to not worry anymore." I apologized and look at him.

He just nodded and sighed. He grabs the iPod connected to his car radio and picked a random music to fill in the silence which he noticed as well. A soft piano played through the speakers.

"I'm worried too.." He quietly said but that made me look at him once again. I noticed that he's in his shorts that just below the knee, he's just wearing a funny looking sweater to make him cold and a pair of Gucci slippers.

"Ilhoon~ssi. I'm sorry for forgetting about you.. Earlier I-"

"It's fine. I understand. What's important is you're safe.." He looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you.." I said and smiled back.

"For what?" He asked. We're still looking at each other.

"For being worried and for taking me home," I said but he looked away so I decided to drop the topic.

"You know.. I thought I'll never experience traffic here in Korea.." I spoke to try to lighten the atmosphere.

"Unfortunately, traffic happens in Korea too. It's the one thing I hate whenever Christmas season arrives." He said and leaned his back comfortably on the driver's seat.

"Do you think it will take an hour before we got to the building?" I asked then did the same while looking at him.

He didn't answer my question. He just stared at me as if he's reminiscing.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Jeongmal..yeppeushinaeyo.." He slowly and softly said looking directly into my eyes.

"Y-yah.. Ani.." I felt my cheeks reddened. I cleared my throat and sit properly.

He just chuckled and shook his head. "Cute."

"Stop saying things like that," I exclaimed and looked outside the window.

"Why? I'm just stating facts." He defended.

"Really? I wonder how many girls you've stated facts too." I teased and smiled.

"You're the only one." He replied back.

I now felt myself being red as a tomato. This guy really knows how to flirt.

"Whatever." I check my phone and saw about three messages and five missed calls from Ben.

Hey. Are you home now?
Do you want anything from here? I mean what Christmas gifts do you want? Mom and Dad are asking me.
Mel? Are you okay???
Are you having another attack??
Call me when you read these messages.

I chuckled and dialed Ben's number. After two rings he answered.

"Whoah. That was fast." I said as he answered.

"Yah. Gwaenchana?? Why aren't you responding to my calls and messages? Did you have another attack?? Mel-" "Hey. Ben. I'm totally fine. I swear." I interjected to stop his ranting.

"Where are you right now?" Ben asked as he started to calm his nerves.

"Uh... I'm actually headed  home now." I said and look at Ilhoon who's busy checking his phone.

"Who are you with?" He asked but I hesitated to answer.

"Uh. I'm uh... I'm with a friend." I said, Ilhoon raised his eyebrow at me as he heard what I said.

"Okay. Get home safely. Text when you're there. Please be safe Mel. I need to go. Bye." Ben drop the call.

"A friend," Ilhoon speak. "Were friends..." He continued.

"I'm sorry about that. You know, Ben can be so protective over me and I don't know if-" "It's fine." He cut me off.

"Yeah... are you mad? I mean, are you mad about me telling him that you're my friend?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "Why will I be mad? It's not something to be mad about."

"Then why do your eyebrows meet earlier?" I asked again just to be sure.

"I'm just shocked. And it's been a long time since you-" A loud honk startled us and interrupted the conversation.
My heart started beating wildly. Inhale. Exhale.

"Aish! Yah!" He yelled annoyance painted on his face.

--
Third Person's POV

Melody reached for his hand to calm him, it seemed effective because his expression changed and then he looked at her.

She realized what she did and immediately took her hands off of his.

"I'm sorry.. I-uh... I honestly don't know why I-" another honk interrupted them so he started to drive forward.

Both of them are not talking but Melody's insides are in a riot, Ilhoon, on the other hand, is trying his best to hide his smile but failing.

"Why are you smiling?" Melody asked as she noticed it.

"Nothing." He simply said and smiled. Melody just shook her head and smiled as well.

Ilhoon suddenly stopped the car as he noticed a lot of fans outside their building.

"Why did you stop? We're almost there." Melody looked at the direction he was looking and noticed the crowd as well.

"I'm sorry Melody. I think I can't take you to your apartment." Ilhoon faced her and apologized.

"No. It's fine. I'll just walk from here." Melody smiled and started grabbing her things.

Ilhoon watched her as she rummages through her things when suddenly a risky idea popped into his mind.

"Melody.. Kajima." He said and grab her hand.

She stopped fixing her things and look into their hands then to his eyes.

"W-what?" She stammered as she felt the rapid beating of her heart.

"Spend Christmas with me and my family."