-

> >

(a/n: i was thinking of writing about a bachelorette party, but i realized that everyone has different views of how they would want their own celebration to play out, so i decided not to. rather, i'll write about the morning of the wedding and continue the story from there.)

Nayeon and Sana's arms were slung around your waist, replacing Chan as your cuddle buddies. Memories of last night were (vague/sharp) in your brain, the various activities of your bachelorette party still (fading/fresh). Your group of girl friends slept in your bedroom, completely passed out.

Jihyo sat up abruptly, gasped, and almost flung herself out of her position on the floor air mattress. She grabbed her phone, which was lying on a vacant pillow, opened it, and yelled, "Wake up!" The others, in response, simply groaned and turned in their blankets. Jihyo pursed her lips and started to blast the default Apple alarm sound.

That did the trick.

"Ugh, turn that shit off!" Momo exclaimed from under her heap of stuffed animals. Checking the time on your own phone, you almost screamed. You were behind schedule. Then it hit you: your wedding is today. Deciding to join Jihyo in pulling everyone up to their feet, you shouted along with her, "We're going to be late! Let's go, hoes!"

"Y-Yes m-m-ma'am!" Jeongyeon yawned, stretching her arms and then mock saluting.

One by one, everyone in the room began to wake up, the excitement of the upcoming event finally hitting them. They rushed out of your living quarters, and into their respectful guest rooms to get ready for the makeup and hair appointments. Nayeon rushed you inside your bathroom, examined your still-sleepy state, and pulled you into a bear hug. "We're going to the salon in twenty minutes. You better be in the goddamn car by then, (Y/N)."

You returned her embrace and felt her shuddering. "Hey, you okay?" you asked. She pulled away from your arms, her face wrought with a happy kind of sadness and tears. She sniffled and wiped her cheeks sheepishly, "I t-tried not to c-cry today. I l-lost m-my bet to Dahyun." You smiled and pinched her cheeks fondly, replying, "You dummy, you should know that you suck at betting." You proceeded to guide her out of your bathroom, so that she too can get ready for the wedding.

"If Chan ever lays a hand on you--"

"Go, Nayeon!"

-

You were counting how many times your grandmother had cried. Seeing Grandma Moonbyul break down from the corner of your eye, you mentally drew a line in your tally. There were six so far. Your mother, on the other hand, was more on the frantic aspect of your wedding, rather than the emotional part. She was rushing to and fro, making small fixes on your dress or hair, as well as those of the bridesmaids' (a/n: choose whichever female idols or your own irl friends as the bridesmaids. i'm giving you guys a lot of freedom).

Looking in the large mirror, you inhaled deeply. You felt beautiful. And you were. Prom night and university graduation were the only other times you ever felt this giddy. Basking in the delights of femininity was not in your nature, but it was inevitable.

But something felt off.

It was probably the uncomfortable feeling of wearing a full face of makeup. Maybe it was the stiffness of the hairspray. A nagging feeling at the back of your mind was saying something else: Lucas wouldn't be here for your wedding. Despite finding out his true intentions, your naive self wanted to believe that no matter what, your childhood best friend would attend the biggest celebration of your life--even if it was prearranged, even if he was originally supposed to be the groom... you wanted him to be there. To see him sit in the seats of the wedding venue and clap when you kiss the love of your life and to congratulate you on the next chapter of your life during the reception.