Ch. 8

Aaaah

Best bath ever, you thought to yourself. And, in all honesty, it was. The bath water was a shade of pink blush and smelled like roses. You almost fell asleep in the warm water.

You reluctantly stepped out of the tub and drained the water. You then wrapped yourself in a towel, and using another towel, wrapped your hair into a turban. Reaching for the pajamas, you clothed yourself in them, and sighed another time. The fabric felt nice and smooth against your skin. Tch. Fancy people pajamas.

Oh no.

You remembered that Chan requested for you to meet with him in front of his room. But, your hands were pruny. Ew.

Nonetheless, you dismissed the fact and walked to his room, your heart beating faster than normal. You stopped in front of his door, and right when you were about to knock on it, the door opened and an arm grabbed your wrist, pulling you inside.

You gasped in surprise. But, the arm belonged to Chan, which was worse than a murderer.

The skin contact made your heart beat even faster.

"Sorry for alarming you," Chan said. "I just didn't want the other members to see you entering my room. You know how they act around girls."

You simply nodded, your face still flushed.

Unfortunately, you turned even redder when you realized just how physically close the two of you were. When he pulled you inside his room, he didn't move back. Thus, your faces were barely a few inches from each other.

This must have dawned on him as well, because he then released his grip on your wrist and cleared his throat. Chan turned the other way and walked inside the heart of his bedroom.

If you thought your new bedroom was huge, his was gargantuan. It was also noticeably darker, as if Batman himself decided to renovate his living quarters. A fireplace was crackling, emitting a pleasant warmth and a delightful scent of cinnamon and pine cone.

Your eyes roamed over everything--the dark curtains partially shadowing the large windows, the velvet carpet hugging the floor, and his neatly-made four poster bed. And, w-was that a vanity? You silently chuckled to yourself. You've never seen a vanity in a guy's room. How odd. Then again, handsome men need to keep up with their handsomeness.

Chan grinned at your amazement from afar. Taking a seat on his leather love seat, he finally spoke, "I like your hairdo."

His words broke your trance. You suddenly became aware of your hair, which was still in a turban. Again, your face turned red, and you lowered your head in embarrassment.

God, you idiot. What an amazing way to portray yourself in front of a mafia boss.

-

(Chan's P.O.V.)

He watched as you subconsciously touched your hair turban.

Reality then hit him. He was supposed to tell her. Clearing his throat, Chan spoke up again,
"Do you know why I called you here tonight?"

He saw her face turn pink again. Tch, she was probably thinking of something stupid. Do girls really have these kinds of sensual thoughts?

"Uh, no," (Y/N) said hesitantly. "What do you need me for?"

Chan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "You are aware about a certain arranged marriage, correct?"

She nodded, biting her lip. Inside, she was annoyed with how condescending he sounded. He was good-looking, but, good-looking men were supposed to be chivalrous.

"Well, Miss (Y/L/N)," Chan exclaimed, emphasizing each word. "I too am involved in this marriage."

He watched as the girl's eyes slowly widened in realization.

"Don't tell me--"

"It's exactly what you think."

"I--"

"I'm not exactly ready for marriage, either, but" Chan said, getting up from the love seat, walking to where (Y/N) stood in shock. "we have no choice."

Chan gradually closed the distance between them, and (Y/N) continued to step back slowly. Her face was a splendid shade of pink by now.

He stopped when her back hit the door of his bedroom. He could hear her gulp.

Chan decided to tease her a bit more, taking a leaf out of Minho's book. He neared his face even closer to yours.

You smelled like roses.

Your scent encouraged him to toy with you even more.

If not for your lack of knowledge about each other, he would've kissed you. But, he didn't.

Instead he said, in barely a whisper, "I don't plan on falling in love with you. So I suggest you do the same."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The pink that flushed her cheeks suddenly drained, the color white blossoming in her face. She looked petrified. (Y/N) held her breath in anticipation and fear.

"Just know that romance is just another drawback in my plans."

"O-Okay."

Chan reached behind her, his hand brushing against her lower back. He felt her shiver against his touch. His hand felt for the door handle.

He turned the doorknob, and pulled.

(Y/N) felt the door open behind her back, and immediately moved to the side.

She saw his eyebrows shoot upwards. He silently gestured her to leave his room with only his eyes.

"G-Goodnight," she stuttered.

He simply nodded, and watched as she scurried into her room and close the door.

Chan closed his door as well.

I hope I don't regret doing this shit, he thought to himself.

But, he really didn't want to catch feelings this fast. It was just an arranged marriage, strictly for business purposes. He shouldn't be falling for her at all.

Right?

°

i'm watching the strain and i actually kinda like it. also, my teachers aren't assigning me much homework so i'm a bit suspicious. i feel like i'm progressing chan's emotions a bit too fast?? idk y'all can decide.

- erica