Chapter 6

**Austin Prov.**

I punched Jason in the face and he scrambles around on the floor, like he was looking for something...

The gun...

I immediately drop down and grab the gun. I stand up and point it straight at him. To my surprise... he laughs.

"Fine. Go ahead! Shoot! There are others after her too you know... People will notice her disappearence! The cops, ambulances, parents, friends! Shooting me could just make things worse," he tells me and snickers. "She's my girl!"

"I never trusted you..." I lower the gun.

"Hm... Are you sure?" He askes with a wicked, evil grin.

What do I do. I can't put Alice's life at risk. He's right... somehow...

I look up and raise the gun. I pull the trigger and shoot his legs a few times. He screams in pain. Blood pours out slowly. I take the gun and put it in my back pocket. I grab Sapphire's bag of collected foods and walk out the door without looking back at him. I walk into the woods, leaving a steady, red trail of blood as I go, limping along. He cut my leg good...

**Sapphire Prov.**

I sit in the snow, carefully applying snow to my left arm. I let out soft moans and yelps from all the sickening pain. Alice carefully climbs a tree. I look over at her in confusion.

"Are you sure you don't want me to do that?" I ask her warily. I still haven't told her of my secret talent to tell the future. I know that Austin is badly injured and bleeding terribly. I know that Austin hurt Jason horribly. But I can't worry Alice in any way...

"No Sapph it's fine," She calls back, struggling even more to climb up the frozen tree. I shake my head and rise to my feet sowly. I limp over to the tree slowly and climb it with ease. She tries to grab me and yank me down but I free myself and go to the top.

"Austin!" I scream, acting as if I didn't already know what was going on. "He's hurt bad, we need to go help him-NOW" I shout.

She scrambles to her feet and waits for me to come down. Usually I would just let myself fall in this kind of emergancy, but I climb down carefully, wincing at the slight pain on my arms. I reach out and get into Alice's arms. She cradles me carefully and we begin running to find Austin. I know exactly where he is. But I don't want to reveal myself...

**Alice Prov.**

My arms are starting to give out... I can't carry her for much longer... Where is Austin? I hope he's not hurt too bad... I look to my left and see a trail of red. My eyes widen and I hear a soft yelp.

"A-Alice?" I can hear Austin's voice mutter. I carefully set Sapphire down and walk over to where the voice was coming from.

"Austin!" I shriek when I find him. His leg is cut really bad... I put some snow on it, but he yelps in grave pain. I don't want to hurt him...

"What happened?" Sapphire asks as she limp over to us.

"Jason... he-he-" He faints... The pain must be too much. I don't know how I can help him! Then I feel something in my pocket... my cell phone...

It still has battery in it... But who would I call! Ashlynn... she's not supposed to know... Fuck that! She is my best friend! She has to know... I look at Sapphire and see the usual worry in her eyes. I shake my head and dial Ashlynn's number...

**Ashlynn Prov.**

Where has Alice been!? I'm starting to get wor-

My thoughts are interupted by my phone ringing. It's Alice!