"We only have shit cereals." I told her, sighing.

"Shit cereals will do." she replied. I don't know why, but I always laugh at things Caitlyn says, even if they're not meant to be funny.

So I poured us both some shit cereal, walking the bowls over to the table. We sat in silence, eating our food until I heard someone walk into the kitchen. I quickly turned around and saw my dad standing at the kitchen door. He doesn't know about Caitlyn, all he knows is that she tutors me. He doesn't know what she looks like; he doesn't even know she's slept round here a lot.

"Morning Luke. And..?" my dad said.

"Caitlyn." Caitlyn introduced herself, smiling. She's so polite. Then I realised how wrong this all looked. Caitlyn was sitting in the kitchen early in the morning with me, wearing my clothes. I don't want my dad to get the wrong impression of Caitlyn; she isn't like that at all.

"Oh, hi Caitlyn. Luke's tutor, yes?" he asked her. This conversation is so awkward.

"Um, yeah." she replied, nodding her head, still smiling.

My dad nodded slowly, turning away and making some coffee. I looked at Caitlyn, who was stirring the milk in her bowl around with the spoon. I kicked her foot and when she looked at me, I pointed up, silently asking her if she wanted to get out of the kitchen. She nodded her head and I tried not to laugh.

We stood up from the table and, without saying a word, walked towards the stairs and to my room. Caitlyn went straight over to my bed, sitting down.

"That was really awkward." I said, sitting down next to her.

"I know. I hope he don't think, you know." she replied. I did know what she meant; I had been hoping the same thing.

"To be honest, he probably will." I told her truthfully.

"Oh well thanks Luke!" she exclaimed, making me laugh.

"Well I might as well be honest with you!" I replied, smiling.

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head at me. "Where are my clothes? I want to get ready." 

"I'll go and get them." I told her. They were still downstairs in the machine from yesterday when I dried them for her. 

I jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen, going straight to the clothes dryer. I grabbed her clothes and went back upstairs. As I walked past my dad, I could feel his gaze on me but I chose to ignore it. When I went back into my room, Caitlyn was scrolling through the channels on my TV, still sitting on my bed.

"Make yourself at home." I said sarcastically, throwing her clothes towards her. 

"Thanks." she replied, equally as sarcastic. She picked up her clothes and stood staring at me for a while.

"What?" I asked her.

"Get out, I want to get ready." she replied.

"Oh sorry, I forgot this was your house." I said, getting up and going into the hallway anyway.

After waiting outside for 10 minutes, I decided to just go back in there. When I did, she was just sitting in front of my mirror doing her hair. She had managed to find my hair straighteners which was quite embarrassing.

"Thanks for telling me I could come back in." I sarcastically said.

"It's fine." she replied. I sat on the corner of my bed, watching how concentrated she looked when she was straightening her hair. At one point, she moved her arm really quickly and picked up another bit of hair and I actually moved forward, thinking she was going to burn herself.

"Woops." she said.

"Wow, you're so shit." I told her, shaking my head.

"Sorry, expert." she replied.

I rolled my eyes playfully and moved forwards, taking the straighteners from her. Instead of having to watch her straighten her hair, I did it for her. That made me even more scared though, I started worrying that I would burn her hair off. I've straightened my own hair plenty of times; I know how to do it. But straighten someone else's hair was really scaring me. When it was all straightened, I sighed and turned off the plug.

_______________________________

About an hour later, my dad had gone off to work despite it being a Sunday. Caitlyn and I didn't really care though; it just meant that we could go downstairs without having to feel awkward because my dad would be down there too.

We were sitting on the floor, my back against the sofa, Caitlyn lying on my, her back to my chest. My arms were around her, and we were watching a film. I wasn't really watching the film very much, I was just thinking. Caitlyn, on the other hand, was really getting into the film. She would shout at the TV, turning round and asking me if I hated some of the people as much as she did. I just agreed to make her happy, but she knew I didn't really care that much.

When the film finished, she moved before I could stop her and beamed at me. 

"How amazing was that film? I'm so good at picking random films!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, it was good." I agreed. I hadn't actually watched any of the film, but she obviously enjoyed it so it was probably good.

"You're full of shit, you weren't even watching it!" she replied, shaking her head at me.

"I was!" I lied, sitting forwards.

"What was the main characters name?" Caitlyn asked, tilting her head and acting like a little smart ass.

I scratched the back of my neck and thought for a while. "Why are you asking me, if you enjoyed the film so much you should know!" I finally replied.

"That isn't what I meant Luke, you're so annoying!" Caitlyn said, shaking her head at me. I heard her phone go off and watched as she looked at the screen. "I've got to go."

"Why?" I asked. I didn't want her to go home. I love having Caitlyn round, it's never boring when she's here. It's only early, too.

"I'm going out for a meal later, I need to go home to get ready." she told me, standing up.

"You've already done your hair though." I replied, thinking of anything to make her stay here longer. When she goes home, I'm literally on my own for the rest of the night.

"So?" she asked. She was at the front door now. Knowing that she wouldn't stay, I switched off the TV and joined her at the door. "What are you doing?" 

"Walking you home." I told her.

"I was going to get bus." she told me.

"Not anymore." I told her. We stood there for a while, not bothering to open the door and start walking to her house. I stared at her, to her lips. Our heads moved so close together that our noses brushed, before our lips did.

I've only kissed Caitlyn a few times, but every time I do, I feel something. It sounds completely girly to say I get butterflies, but I'd be lying if I said I don't. I've kissed plenty of girls, but I didn't care about them as much as I care about Caitlyn. I didn't even know that I cared about Caitlyn until a few days ago. This kiss ended much better than our first one. It wasn't rushed and I didn't run away at the end of it. She rested her forehead on mine, and I had to bend down slightly so that she could.

"Luke?" Caitlyn asked me, her voice quiet.

"Yeah?" I asked, my voice quiet like hers.

"What is, this?" she asked me.

I thought about it for a moment. Obviously I want it to be something, but does Caitlyn? I had no idea how to answer her question, so instead I was going to let her answer it.

"Whatever you want it to be, Caitlyn."