Secrets of the Spade kingdom

Start from the beginning

I immediately ran to Alfred holding onto his arm. "I'm sure he didn't mean it. Please don't hurt him Alfred," I pleaded with Alfred as he snapped out of his revenge state and dropped the guy. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," Alfred sounded honestly... What's the word... Scared. Was he scared of himself? I didn't let go of his arm through the whole time. "Alfred...? What's wrong? Who is this?" I asked concern laced in my voice.

"I... I'm Gilbert. His brother's best friend. As for why I didn't show up on his birthday was my dad grounded me. I tried to sneak out, but only got a beating in response. I came back to this spot every day since that day, since well this is our spot, but he never showed up. Honestly I thought he hated me for not showing up," he answers choking slightly in between while standing up, dusting himself off. "Wait what do you mean by 'cared'. As in past tense. Doesn't he care for me anymore?" Gilbert asked surprised and sadness laced in his voice as Alfred looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry Gilbert, but the bullying finally got to Matthew and he committed suicide the night after his party," Alfred explained as Gilbert looked at him surprised and fell to his knees. "No you're kidding me, aren't you? Please tell me this is a joke!" Gilbert pleaded as Alfred only shook his head. "I'm sorry," Alfred apologized and for the first time I saw Gilbert break down and cry. Every time he visited Francis he was so happy go lucky and egotistic to be honest. Alfred kneels down and hugs Gilbert to comfort him. I just stood there surprised and sad. So many people cared for Matthew... I wish he wouldn't have done that. So many people would be happy if he was still alive...

Gilbert calmed down after a while and all of a sudden a gust of the wind came around making my skirt fly up, revealing what I had on underneath. I covered it, but of course Gilbert just had to see it. "Alfred have you found your queen?" Gilbert suddenly asks as Alfred shook his head as a no. "Come with me. I have to show you two something," Gilbert stood up helping Alfred up and leading us to the castle. We stare at each other in confusion. What did he even notice...?

Alfred's POV

Once we got to the castle and we were immediately greeted by Yao and Gilbert received a glare by Ivan. "Hey Yao and I don't have time to fight snow boy. Do you know anything about Alfred's queen?" He hurriedly asked and Yao shook his head. "No still searching. Alfred refuses to marry according to fate," Yao explained more confused than ever. "I think Alfred made a good choice with that. Sure my queen is one of the strongest people I've met, I never loved her and we barely even talk outside of meeting and stuff. It hurts me to know she only married me to please fate," Ivan agreed. Wow... Never thought he would actually agree with me on something...

"What Alfred wants to do is his choice, but I may have found his queen chosen by fate," Gilbert announces as we all stare at him surprised. Who could possibly be my queen...

(A/N *cough* Arthur *coughs again* It's bloody obvious, like who else is it going to be. Btw sorry for all the POV switches in the near future😅)

Arthur's POV

I felt a a bullet go through my heart (Metaphorically that is) . A queen, whoever can it be... (A/N Bloody idiots!) Alfred's going to get married... Sure he said he marries for love not fate, he maybe falls in love with this queen and then he will forget about me. Wait why would I care?! He can love he wants, I'm not in charge of it, I'm not fate. Why did that thought hurt me so much...

Alfred's POV

"How would you know if someone is queen or king? Only the royal bloodline and advisors knows that fact," Yao asked still surprised and skeptical. "Let me guess a birthmark shaped like the symbol of the King or queen's land will appear marking you as part of it. Advisors have one too, only their's are smaller or sometimes misshaped, but clearly still the symbol," Gilbert explained as Yao and I stared at each other in surprise. "How... How do you know that Gilbert?" I asked surprised. "Because I have one..." He answered. He lifts his hoodie and shirt to expose his back to see a very light birthmark of the symbol of spades: (A/N Just imagine it's lighter pls. It kinda tells their story, non)