Chapter 7 To Novyy Belarus

Start from the beginning

"If it was truly delicious then you wouldn't be putting sauce on your meal." Shinji told her.

"So, you say." She countered as she walked out of the kitchen.

Albina walked to the common room. She found a worn leather couch in front of a 60 in TV. She found the remote and turned on the TV. The show that was on was a sitcom from جدید (New) Iran about a former professional soccer player who is now a youth team coach. She turns the channel to show a hockey game in the Canadian Hockey League. The Winnipeg Jets were facing the Quebec Nordics, it was the second period of the game and the Jets were up 3 to 1 with three minutes left in the period. The Nordics were pressing forward with the attack, the center passes to the right wing. The right wing shoots the puck, but the Jets' goalie intercepts the puck before it could enter the net. "Great save by Andrews." The announcer said.

The goalie passes the puck to his right where a defenseman was waiting. The defenseman finds a wingman on his side and shoots it to him. The wingman receives it but is checked by a Nordic's defense man. "He will feel that tomorrow." The announcer yelled.

For the rest of the period the Nordics and the Jets continued to have a back and forth. When the period was over Shinji came in and sat down next to her. "May I change the channel please?" Shinji asked.

Albina nodded her head as Shinji was handed the remote. "Thanks."

He turned the channel to CH-Baseball. On the channel two men and one woman were at a table bowing. "Good morning and welcome to CHA Baseball in the morning." One of the male's greeted. "I'm Rie Honda."

"I'm Shen Chi." The female said.

"And I'm Kim Jin-Yuop." The final member of the trio greets.

"Three days ago the Yamiuri Giants have deafeted the Hansin Tigers in the Japanese series and move on to the Cha series with the NC Dinos from the KBO and the Lamigo Monkeys of the CPBL." Rie announced. "Today we will be discussing the CHA series and who will have a shot at winning."

"That's right Rie, first team is the Taiwanese team the Lamigo Monkeys." Kim said. "This is their 14th time in the Cha series but have never won it and neither has any Taiwanes team for 29 years."

"And they are not likely to win it this time." Shen said. "The Monkey's making it to the series was a miracle in itself."

"But they do have a chance especially with their first baseman Eduardo Ramos with a .271 batting average and 31 home runs in 32 games in the CPBL regular season with an extra 5 homeruns in the playoffs" Rie stated.

While Rie was talking the show had highlights of Ramos hitting homeruns. "You can't let it go, can you?" Albina asked in sympathetic voice.

"No, I don't think I ever will?" Shinji said with a tear falling from his eye.

Albina pat him on the back. "It wasn't fair what happened to you Shinji."

"Thank you, Albina." He said to her still watching TV.

In the engine room, Aruna exited the room. She walked to her bunk that she shared with her husband and entered the bathroom. She turned on the shower and got ready for it.

In the dinning room Angel was laying his guns on the table inspecting them. He found hi tranq gun and holds it and aims it. "Perfecto." He mutters to himself.