Chapter 8: Did you just never love me?

Cyrus on the left, TJ on the right

TJ POV:

I was getting something out of my locker, since it was the end of the day, when I heard a voice suddenly appear next to me, 'Hey!'

That disgustingly shrill, patronising voice could only belong to one person, 'Hey Kira.' I replied without an ounce of enthusiasm.

She smiled, 'You doing anything right now?'

'I-'

'Great!' She interrupted before I could say anything, 'I was thinking me and you could practice basketball!'

Brushing off her rudeness as usual, I responded, 'Actually, I have a shift now so...'

'TJ!' The happy voice of the boy I was very excited to see was enough to bring a smile to my face.

'Cyrus!' I grinned, forgetting the evil, unwanted presence of Kira was even there just for a few seconds before she coughed rudely.

She crossed her arms, 'Have we met?'

Cyrus looked from Kira to me and back again before replying nervously, 'I don't think so.'

Giving Kira a wide fake smile, 'Kira, this is Cyrus, Cyrus, Kira.'

The two both looked at each other in realisation, Cyrus started to look passively annoyed (if that's even possible but apparently it is for him) and Kira looked like she'd just met Satan's offspring, 'You're Buffy's friend right?'

'Yeh.'

Cyrus was noticeably uncomfortable as they made direct eye contact for a good few seconds before I said, 'Actually, we better get going.'

Kira glared at him, 'We?'

I nodded, 'Yeh, Cyrus is coming with me to work.'

Cyrus squinted his eyes, 'I am?'

Vigorously nodding, I replied, 'You are.' 

Getting the hint, he also nodded, 'Oh I am! I forgot.'

Kira rolled her eyes, 'Well I'll catch you later, Yeh?'

With no intentions to ever talk or associate with this girl, I quickly nodded before me and Cyrus swiftly made our way out of the school.

'Sorry I dragged you into that.' I shoved my hands in my pockets like always as I looked for his reaction.

He shook his head, 'It's ok,'

'Do you...know her?' I asked.

Cyrus shrugged, 'She doesn't get along well with Buffy is all I know...basketball rivals I think.'

Nodding I kind of smirked at the idea of Buffy and Kira in the same room, 'Jesus that would be one hell of a game.'

He chuckled, 'Yeh it would! They're both pretty competitive.'

'More like fight to the death competitive, sometimes I think Buffy is going to shoot me!' I joked.

Cyrus raised an eyebrow, 'She's not that bad!'

I scoffed, 'I'd like to believe that Underdog but from what I've witnessed...I disagree. She's better than Kira, I'll give her that.'

'Just give her some time, she'll see you're not all bad.' He smiled.

It has only been a little bit more than a week but me and Cyrus were getting to know each other much better. I feel like he's becoming my friend. It's a little awkward at times but he's getting much more comfortable around me and I him.