Description:

"Death's cold fingers,A Hatchling, they ensnare,Its breath, though it tries to linger,it shall rend, shall tear,

But the Fingers shall bend,Be cast from its grasp,When the Chosen One unite,With that which has lost its Light"

Kade has always been the odd boy out. Being one of three boys in his family, both of them older than he, he wasn't the most cared about child. His family doted the Eldest of the three, who had become a Dragon Rider not too long after the fall of the Empire. Raven was the only one who cared about Kade. When he left, no one was there for him any longer, besides a Servant Girl. He was just about done with the lack of attention, his parents and older brother seeming to ignore him all the time.

He decides to sneak off, and one dark night, he flees into the forest. He stayed there for a day...Then a Week...

Then a month.

Kade soon found his way in the forest, learning and teaching himself all about his new home. He became incredibly skilled in surviving alone in the vast wilderness. Then, as he was scavenging at the Cliffs near a Dragon Rider Outpost, something happens. Something he could never have wished upon the brightest star.

He finds an Abandoned Dragon Egg, a beautiful pitch black stone. He had no clue why it was abandoned, but he knew that he might finally have a way to have a companion in his lonely existence. If only the egg would hatch for him.

He just didn't realize how it would work out so much more than what he was meaning things to...

And the danger that he's set himself in the path of.