CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

I was one step closer to finishing things up because of what KN said and did ever since he had arrived here at Turtle Cove Beach Restaurant. They were the following:

♡ He went all the way here to Turtle Bay Island and did nothing close to reconciliation.

♡ He ignored me. Period.

♡ He didn't care whether I fell down the ground, washed over with cold water from a pitcher. And that I went upstairs with Sam in my room (just the two of us!). He did accuse me of using Sam to make him jealous. Well, he didn't know me well then. I was using Sam to meet Lucas Hughes. This was shameful. But to my defense, even if Sam wasn't friends with Lucas Hughes, I would still be his friend. It was just a coincidence that Sam and Lucas Hughes were close. Tee-hee.

♡ When Sam asked if we knew each other yesterday (and Caitee did the same later that night, with a secret wink at my direction that KN didn't notice), KN thoroughly denied anything of the sort. He said he didn't even know me. Like, what?

♡ Which led to what we were right now—NOTHING. How would I introduce him to everyone as my boyfriend, when he wasn't even into admitting that we knew each other? So yes, nothing was what we were right now. Just a fellow worker in Caitee's beautiful place. And he didn't even have to work! He was the only son of a multi-millionaire. Or even if he wasn't, a lot of agents wanted to sign him up because of his art works.

I could go on with this rant.

"That's what I'm saying. I'm the wrong wire. The red one when you must cut the blue one instead," I said, randomly flipping over the restaurant's menu, while we were having breakfast. I had already finished my meal, because I was really hungry. After KN had denied me, I fell into this short phase of depression. I refused to eat dinner.

Of course, that didn't last long. I devoured some midnight snacks.

"You know, you could just throw the bomb out of the window. Like if there's a sea or something," Jayden said. We were at a small round table inside the restaurant, talking about the disarming of bombs. The others who got up early were all huddled in the long table outside. KN was surprisingly included in the group.

"Like here. I would definitely throw the bomb to the ocean if ever got stuck in a situation like that," added Emily, whom I'd found out was a heavy sleeper like me. Being roommates, we were doomed this summer. Jayden was thoughtful enough to knock again on our door—almost waking up the remaining souls in the corridor—in order to check on us. Or initially, me. Since he knew that I was dysfunctional when it came to waking up early. Or waking up for that matter. Then that was when we had found out that Emily shared the same struggle. We both fell asleep again after Caitee's morning call.

"I'm kind of thinking about that very literally right now. You guys won't throw me to the ocean, right? I'm afraid to drown. Let's forget it. I'm not going to liken our fight to disarming timed bombs," I said.

"Remember the time when you excused yourself from our gym class exam?" asked Jayden all of a sudden.

"Ahh, brings back memories," I said with a thoughtful smile. "I miss Daniel now that you've mentioned it."

"Babe," Jayden said with a laugh.

"Wait," Emily said, holding her fork up. "What gym class? I thought you attended an all boys school, Jayden?"

Jayden looked at me. "Are we going to keep this a secret?"

"We can tell Emily. Just not the other guys. They might think I'm a freak," I replied, looking outside the glass window. Sam waved a hand at me when he noticed. I awkwardly waved back. "Is it creepy that Sam noticed me staring for that short second?"