Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"I have to, unnie."

That's a mistake, Jennie.

I immediately knew she regretted picking it up when her breathing hitched and she bit her lip to stop herself from sobbing or from anger.

I told you so.

Jennie's POV

"CEO Yang,"

"I heard you tried calling all the managers, is that correct?"

I heard his squeaky and annoying voice that I almost gagged. This is his first time calling me and if his voice sound weird in person, it's weirder and a lot worse on phone.

"I did. What have you done?"

He chuckled, "I just gave her the happiness she deserves, Jennie. The happiness you couldn't give her."

Bitch.

I clenched my fist as I had the sudden urge to wipe his smile from his face. No, the urge to wipe his whole existence on earth.

"I wouldn't do what you want me to do!"

He snickered, "Are you sure about that?"

"I am! I'm choosing my happiness, too!"

"Foolish child."

"You can't force me to do what you want, I can sue you!"

"I'd like to see you try, Jennie."

"I'll never follow you nor your orders again."

"If you won't do this, imagine Lisa's face when..." he laughed on the other line. I shuddered on how evil it sounded.

This guy is the devil incarnate and even though he is still alive, his soul is already burning in hell.

"Imagine what?!"

"Imagine Lisa's face when I revoke her solo..."

My breath hitched as I picture her smile disappearing on her face. No...

"You wouldn't do that..." I whispered as I felt my heart grow heavy. He wouldn't do that...

Lisa, I'm sorry.

"I heard how she squealed like a child inside the van when she heard the news, do you want to see it?"

Jisoo and Chaeng's phone suddenly beeped. It was a video of Lisa giggling and screaming out of happiness and then she suddenly cried while smiling.

Do you deserve to be hurt again, Lisa? Do I have to steal your sunshine again?

"Poor Lisa and her heart when all her dreams will be crushed just because of you Jennie."

"You wouldn't dare... you couldn't."

"I would. I certainly could. Would you like to see me try?"

I sobbed and swallowed the lump forming on my throat. It's getting harder to breathe as I feel my heart getting squeezed.

"Please, not Lisa. I'm begging you... not her."

"It's up to you, Jennie. Meet me when you've decided. But don't make it too long, you'll hurt her further."

He ended the call and I stare at nothing. My legs gave out and I slumped on the floor.

Lisa...

I cried as I imagine her happiness being taken away from her. No... please no.

"Jennie.." I felt them hugging me and I cried harder.

Why is it that the world is not allowing us to be happy? Is it that hard? Can't we be free?

"What did he say, Jennie?"

"He said... He said that he'll revoke Lisa's solo if I won't do it..."

"I'm gonna kill that fucking rat!"

"He wouldn't do that, right?" I glanced at her and I saw her tears forming.

No one answered her because we all know the answer. He's powerful and he controls everything.

"I'm sorry, Chaeng..."

"No, unnie..."

I wiped my tears and gave her a smile, "Her h-happiness comes first, yeah?"

I sobbed again.

I'm so so sorry, Lisa.

I guess we aren't just meant to be.