Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"I know, Jennie but Rosé was beyond the line."

"She didn't know anything, Chu. We hid it from her. She didn't deserve to be hurt for protecting Lisa."

She gave me a sad smile before glancing at Lisa's contact. "Truth be told, I deserve that more than her, Chu."

"You do. You three deserve a slap each but I'll double yours if you won't call her right now."

"I-I can't do it."

"Give me that phone. I'll dial and you answer, okay?"

When I heard the first ring, I gave it to her. Her hands were shaking as she accepted it and put it slowly on her ear.

She was quiet and then suddenly, she put down her phone. "She's not answering me..."

I gave her a reassuring smile, "Try and try and try again."

After almost 5 minutes of trying to contact her, we gave up.

"Unnie!" We saw Chaeng and her phone pressed on her ear as she walked towards us. "Have you tried reaching out to Lisa?"

We nodded. "We did. Did she answer yours?"

She shook her head. "No, she wouldn't. It's now unattended."

"What?"

"Let's call our managers?"

We nodded as we dialled their numbers, they all picked up but each of them gave us different answers and most of them were too vague to understand.

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I ended the call. "Lisa's not here. We don't know. Ask CEO."

Apparently, they were already instructed not to give us any details.

We turned to Jennie, "Call unnie, please."

She put the call on loudspeaker and we waited for her to pick up, each of us holding our own breath, anticipating if she'll answer or not.

And she did. We squealed like little girls when we heard her voice.

"Unnie!" Jennie was smiling as she put it on handset mode and pressed it on her ear. "Unnie, where is Lisa?"

Chaeng and I looked at her, expecting any news or just something from her but Jennie's face fell and tears flowed once again.

"Ah... that's it, unnie?"

She whispered "hmm." before ending the call.

"What did she say?"

She gave us a smile as her tears flowed continuously, "She said she's sorry and that I shouldn't contact her or Lisa anymore."

I heard Chaeng gasp and my eyes widened that even unnie was being secretive. "What?"

She turned to Chaeyoung and smiled, "She really did know?"

"Yes, unnie. Unnie and oppa knows about it..."

"Who told you?"

"No one. I heard them once and I confronted them after. Will you push through his plan, Jennie?"

"I don't know..."

"This will kill, Lisa and I'm scared if she'll know about this..."

"I couldn't do it, Chaeng--"

She was cut off when her phone rang. We stare at it seeing it was that rat's number.

"Don't pick it up, Jennie." I said as I saw her reaching out to answer it.