POVs

Garry's POV

"You're telling me that you haven't been successful with finding them after nearly two weeks?! I'm beginning to doubt your skill, Commander." Garry was furious. He was nervously pacing up and down his office, the commander of his troops, that Masha girl, promised to bring the assassins back to him and she was still failing. He needed to know where they are, if they'd reach his ex wife they would find out each of Hydra's secrets, not that there were many of those left. His mansion was probably the only base left and he was running out of soldiers too. He was the only one who could now proceed with Hydra's mission during all these years. If he'd have the two soldiers back in his reach he could, step by step, finally fulfill his purpose.

"Sir, we're working our asses off, but these are the best two Assets Hydra has ever had," Masha was defending herself. She was only protecting herself now, even if she knew the soldiers were far out of practice. When she met Katrina she practically laid out all her secrets, even introduced the Winter Soldier to her and for that she treated her as a reckless woman. She realised now she might've underestimated her, but she knew more about her than even her own father. And with knowing that she also knew her weakness.

She observed Garry while he was talking to one of his lead soldiers. The aforementioned soldier had nasty burns and scars all over his hands and face, he was barely able to see through his left right eye. She was told he was a former fake SHIELD agent, but it still made her doubt his loyalty to Hydra, despise the damage on his body. Although, she could admit he was quite good looking, the battle scars made him look even better, according to Masha's standards. She liked his raven black hair, even if it always seemed messy. She just had a thing for nasty soldiers, it seemed. Garry was quiestioning him about a battle plan that will be executed in these upcoming days in Nigeria somewhere. She was too caught up in her idea to actually listen what they were talking about.

"Sir, if I might interject.." she started, but Garry silenced her immediately.

"What did I say about interrupting? Do you want to lose your job again, little missy? Don't think I forgot about the state I've found you in on the streets." He scowled in Masha's horrified face. When he saw her fear he finally softened and allowed her to speak, dismissing the other soldier.

"Speak, Commander."

Masha needed a second to concentrate and even if she had orders to speak, she still slightly hesitated, "Your daughter is gullible, she trusted me quicker than I could transfer her location to you. She believed I was her friend for quite a fair time."

"What are you saying now, Masha?" Garry rolled his eyes and collapsed on the chair behind his desk before putting his feet on the table carelessly.

"If I went after her, maybe I could convince her to trust me once more. I could work undercover again, give you update of her location and purpose, her doing;" A small smirk appeared on the woman's lips while her fair locks of hair drifted forward, framing her face.

Garry suddenly lowered his feet and leaned forward while he scratched his beard. "You think you could pull that off, Commander?"

Masha gave a steady nod. "I'm positive I would be met with success, sir. Your daughter-"

"Oh, would you please stop calling her that?" Garry waved his hand at her and went back to slouching in his chair. "She's less my daughter than Yulia is my first wife."

A small chuckle escaped Masha's lips. Garry gave her a sleezy look. "Very well done, sir. A man like you didn't deserve to deal with that witch. Why did you even marry her if you had all those women on the plate?"

Garry's gaze flew across the room to the picture hanging on the wall of Yulia in front of their house while she was pestering Vadim in her hands and his daughter Polina was standing beside her. He had it hung up for cover purposes, his couldn't deserve his family knowing about his true call. Not that it made much sense, since Katrina stole them all away.