Chapter 18

"Do I even want to know?"

Aizawa Shota wasn't sure he even wanted to know what was going when he walked in on the scene of Present Mic screeching while Masami stood by the side watching with a deadpan look and a sweat drop. The girl looked pretty done with her teacher. And, for once, Aizawa could sympathize. He had been dealing with the man for years after all. At least somebody else finally understood his pain.

"Mic-sensei f-forgot to have the class choose the c-class rep today," Masami sighed, hanging her head in exasperation. She was now in desperate need of some ear plugs and Present Mic was to blame. She actually did have a pair but had unfortunately left them in her locker at the café. So now, she was just forced to suffer. Though, she was already suffering enough, even without Mic yelling.

The meeting had definitely not gone the way she had hoped. She had hoped to be in and out of there fairly quickly with minimal questioning. But alas, she knew that such an occurrence would be too good to be true. It was a pain in the ass, but somehow, the outcome of the meeting didn't particularly surprise her. The world always did seem to find a way to screw her over after all. She'd have to find a way around some of the more troubling aspects of this situation…

Masami was too young for this shit.

Meanwhile, Aizawa just wasn't emotionally involved enough to deal with the shit he was being forced to put up with. "Just leave him," He sighed, waving the daughter of his former classmate over to follow him as he walked off down the hallway. He wasn't sure how he had managed to get himself stuck in such a situation. Honestly, the idea of being the temporary guardian of some timid teenage girl seemed like a bad idea as well as a pain in the ass. If it hadn't been Nezu asking, *cough* demanding *cough*, he probably would have declined. In fact, he was still thinking of a way to convince the rodent like principal that it was a bad idea. But, it's not as though it was the kid's fault, so he supposed he'd deal with it for now.

"Hah! As if you could lose me so easily, Shota!" And just like that, Present Mic had gained the pep back in his choice as he caught up to the two with ease.

"If only…"

Mic only laughed off Aizawa's words and deep sigh, already used to the dreary man's attitude. "Besides, we can use my car to go pick up the Little Listener's possessions!"

Aizawa sighed to himself once more, internally admitting that it would probably be more efficient to go pick up Masami's stuff by car. He normally walked from his apartment to work seeing as it was less than a ten minute walk away, so using his car was kind of out of the question. And none of the trains ran all the way to Shirakumo, so it was either hitch a ride with Mic or be stuck walking. Neither option sounded very appealing… But still…

"... Alright."

Masami sweat dropped at how easily Aizawa gave in. Sure, she understood why. Walking was more of a pain in the ass to others than it was for her. Still… She wasn't exactly sure she wanted to show anybody where she lived in the first place. She didn't really have enough possessions to warrant taking a car. She only kept a few things at her place. She tried to keep only a few things there while she kept stuff like clothes at work. Anything she did keep at her place was fairly well hidden, too. This was mainly due to the amount of squatters that would show up at her place while she was gone and take anything that seemed remotely valuable to them. Masami couldn't exactly be mad at them for doing so, either. After all, the vast majority of people were under the impression that her home was just an abandoned building with no one living in it.

Unfortunately, however, Masami's opinions didn't matter much as she was sat in the back of Present Mic's car. A lot of people would probably consider an occurrence like this a dream come true. Masami, however… Masami was the opposite. She could practically feel the awkwardness in the air as Mic started driving. There was her, who was stiff as a board at the present moment, Aizawa, who looked like he had better things to do, and Present Mic, who still hadn't stopped talking. Masami faintly wondered if he couldn't read the mood. The awkwardness just seemed to encourage him to talk even more…