Chapter 24

Now, you may be wondering exactly what was going on up at the school after Masami's little trip to the teachers lounge. 

Well, the first thing that happened was the school being put under lockdown. Confusion ran rampant throughout the students as some of the teachers went to head towards the USJ while others stayed behind to look after everyone in the main building. So far, nobody but All Might, who had already left for the USJ, and Nezu, who was assembling a group of multiple teachers, knew about Masami's involvement in the situation.

Speaking of, the brown haired girl was currently curled up on one of the couches with a throbbing headache as Nezu handled everything that needed to be done. For some reason, they thought that it would be perfectly fine to leave her all by her lonesome in the lounge. Though, she supposed that the whole villain attack probably distracted them from making sure she at least had some sort of supervision.  

Honestly, she wasn't going to bother herself all that much over it. 

At least the teachers lounge was quiet.

She could still hear the noise coming from all the classrooms, but it was more dulled being in a separate room while also wearing her ear plugs. Every once in a while, though, she'd have to rub her nose in annoyance. The smell was still getting to her. Sure, she could probably get a nose plug, but it would just be too much of an annoyance having to breathe through her mouth until the sensory overload ended. 

"You look like you're having a bit of trouble there."

Masami's head snapped up at the familiar deep voice, her body tensing to get ready for a fight. She paused, though, when she noticed that there was not a single person in sight. 

Oh, god. She was finally starting to go mad, wasn't she?

"There's no need to look so alarmed." Okay, she was pretty sure that definitely sounded real. "I'm not there in person as I'm sure you're already aware." She totally knew that. "I have no plans of risking such a move just yet."

Masami scowled, the expression a bit uncharacteristic as she stared into the seemingly empty space of the lounge.

"Let me guess," she started with a sharp tone, any semblance of patience she had for the day gone. "This is just yet another quirk among a long line of others that you've stolen, isn't it, All for One?"

A chill went up her spine at the ensuing chuckling that came from the man.

"You're just like your mother," Masami's hands clenched in anger at the man's amused words. Somehow, their conversations always included him taunting her in some form or another. "Smart enough to see the whole picture and yet too foolish with your binding morals and sense of heroism. It really is a pity that neither of you could be convinced to join me."

Masami stared resolutely into the room. 

"I would never join such a cowardly and cruel person." She told him, the sharp tone never leaving her voice. "Especially one responsible for ruining so many lives."

Her own included. 

"Cruelty and cowardice are nothing but a matter of semantics," All for One argued lightly. "Though, one could argue your cowardice just as easily."

Masami snorted. "I'm not the one hiding behind the powers of my quirk."

Even though she said this with confidence, she knew that she couldn't entirely refute All for One's words. She was a coward. She knew that all too well. Lord knows how many times that has been proven to her time and time again, but you know what they say. 

Fake it till you make it. 

"But you are hiding," the villain countered, causing Masami to tense even further. "And believe me, I am truly anticipating the day you finally decide to stop."