Part Eight

James found himself worried quite a lot over the winter break. He told Sirius about the night at the Room of Requirements, but the Black just shrugged it off with the word that it wasn't his problem. Regardless of his reply, he saw him being worried too.
They still had a very nice holiday, as the Potters allowed the four of them to stay over together, although it wasn't easy to ignore the upcoming war whenever James father came home injured (yes, he's auror in my story, I know he's not originally) or him and Euphemia would disappear behind closed doors whispering.
That was how one night the boys made the vow to stick together after Hogwarts too and to do everything to fight the war.
Christmas passed by with lots of food, snowball fights and almost hysterical laughter when Sirius dared to appear with that Santa dress (he was even handing out the gifts like that).
New Year wasn't that happy. Fleamont was on a missions since three days after the auror who was originally planned for it was in the hospital, fighting for his life. Everyone was worried about it and James also felt a bit down for not starting into the new year with Lily.

°°°°

"I can't believe that winter break is already over", Sirius said a bit whiny as the castle came into their eyesight. He wasn't ready to go back to school. So not ready.
Moony next to him only shook his head slightly amused: "Of course it was too short in your taste, you slept for over twelve hours almost every day."
The Black snorted: "I like sleep okay? I need my beauty sleep."
James behind them rolled his eyes.
"You don't need beauty sleep, you're already beautiful", the Lupin blurted out. Peter made a gagging noise: "How much cheesier can you get?"
Sirius looked at him dooming and happily hung around Remus' neck in the next moment: "You're so cute."
They entered the castle and Sirius let go of Remus, with a deeeep sigh. But only six more months until the end. Great, now he felt sad.
"Hey, Padfoot.. Isn't that your cousin Bellatrix with Regulus?", James asked and poked Sirius' side. The Black looked up and grimaced as he saw the curly hair of his cousin: "Yes...what does she want here?" Before the boys could stop him, he already walked over to them.

{Not a good chapter, but it's just a filler haha}