Part Thirty-Nine

Why writing beforehand and posting once a week, when you can update as soon as a part is finished? I'm craving the attention I guess 乁(ツ)ㄏ
I just noticed that my story is an emotional rollercoaster but it lacks action...I think I need more things actually happening ^^° 
Thank you for your comments on the last two parts ♥

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

James had remained calm during Regulus' meltdown, but if he was honest, it had worried him a little bit more than he was ready to admit. If the Slytherin was so scared of the situation and the possible outcome of this, was it the right thing? He wanted it to be something safe for Regulus, something he wanted to turn to when he wasn't doing good and not something that increased his stress. After the Slytherin fell back asleep, he laid wide awake, trying to figure out if it was the right thing or if he was just egoistic and greedy for not wanting to choose between Lily and Regulus. Merlin, why did it need to be so complicated? He wanted that happy, floating feeling back and not the worries and doubts. He tried to imagine breaking up with Regulus and only the imagination made him sick enough to know that he couldn't do that without a relevant reason. Same for Lily. No. This wasn't really a question of choosing one over the other, it was a question of wanting to work on upcoming issues or not and he wanted to do that. And in the end, Regulus did feel safe with him, right? So why was he worrying?

"We could skip class and stay here for the day", James suggested with a wink, not bringing distance between his lips and Regulus', who at this point sat on his lap and complained about the time passing too fast.
"I wish I could. But I have a presentation for History class and I have to meet my parents after dinner", Reggie pulled a face and fiddled with the collar of James' shirt, "can't you just knock me out so I miss this part of the day tho?"
Prongs laughed and ran his fingers through Regulus' hair, which was curling softly around his neck and underlined the Slytherin's androgynous appearance. He truly was one of the most beautiful humans he had ever seen.
"I won't knock you out, kitten", he informed him with a smirk and had to hold in a chuckle as the younger one's face coloured at this nickname. Every time he called him that and he definitely enjoyed that view.
"But I'd love to not letting you go there. I must lie if I said I wouldn't be worried about you whenever you leave for these meetings", he then sighed and placed a kiss on Regulus' neck, which let the younger one shudder a bit.
"Why?", the Black asked in an innocent voice, but mischief was dancing in his eyes, "scared I could lay my eyes on someone else?"
For a second James was speechless, this wasn't something he had expected from Regulus, but after overcoming this surprise, he had to laugh: "Hm....someone better than me? No, that someone doesn't exist." Of course it wasn't what he really thought, but in that way he definitely wasn't worried.
Regulus chuckled and kissed him quickly, but fierce. Almost like some kind of barrier was taken down last night too and the Gryffindor really liked this affectionate side a lot.
"Don't worry about something happening. I have survived sixteen years with them, I will as well survive the last two years I'm living under their roof", Regulus said more seriously this time, "and to come back to you, you're headboy. Don't suggest to skip school, that throws bad light on you."
James had to laugh again and wrapped his arms around the Black's waist: "I guess it's a little too late for me to get good and responsible light thrown at me."
"Might have a point there", Reg agreed and kissed him again, before sliding off his lap with a deep sigh, "regardless, I would definitely have better things in mind than sitting in class." James could only agree, but as it was his last year, he should be there regularly too. He watched the Slytherin crossing the room to pick up his bag and browsing through it, before pulling out a book.
"Can you give that to Lily? She asked me if I have some extra stuff on potions and you see her earlier again", he reached the book out to James who took it mildly surprised, but quite satisfied too. They slowly really became friends and that was great to see.
"I will. I'm glad you two come along", the Potter smiled and shortly stroked over Regulus' wrist, "so I don't need to worry to let you two alone in the same room."
The Slytherin laughed and nudged him: "You're mean. I have to go now. See you tomorrow."
"I hope so. Take care, kitten."
Regulus waved shortly and left the room of requirements. James watched him go and his doubts from last night fortunately had disappeared into the void. The Slytherin definitely felt safe and not stressed.

"This thing with my brother and you, are you honest about it?" Sirius' voice let James head jerk up from his boring essay and he looked at the Gryffindor with surprise and caution. He wasn't eager to have another fight about his relationship and definitely not another fight with Padfoot, but he didn't look like he would leave his spot without having that talk.
With a sigh he took off his glasses and leaned back in his chair, his eyes staying focused on his friend while he spoke to him: "Yes. I'm completely honest about it."
"You're not just using him to explore some nonstraight desires with him and drop him like a hot potato when you recognise it's not something for you?"
Gods, that was a fair question after all – in all these years James hadn't shown the slightest bit of interest into any guy and when he did, it was Regulus. He couldn't blame Sirius for being like that.
"No. I would never do that, to anyone and you know that too. You're worried because it's your younger brother and I get that. But I really like him, Sirius, and I would protect him with my life, just like I would with Lily, Remus, you and Peter. Nothing of this was planned. It just happened", Prongs responded calmly and kept the eye contact with Sirius, just to underline the honesty in his words.
Sirius let out a sigh and dropped on the chair, hiding his face behind his hands and making grumbling sounds, before looking up at James again with a serious expression: "I really can't get behind how you can keep it up with Lily and him, but Remus said that I don't have to understand things in order to accept them and, he's right. And in hindsight I should've been way more open about that all, I mean, I know how ugly people are to others if they don't understand something and I wasn't much better. It's just. He's my brother and you are sort of too and that makes it really weird and I could never imagine sharing Remus. But if that's what you three want, who am I to stand in the way?"
A rock in the size of Mount Everest dropped from James' chest. It wasn't the enthusiastic support he had hoped to get from Sirius, but that he turned around to acceptance was already better than he could've hoped after the big bang it had made previously.
"That means a lot to me, Pads. Thank you for coming around, Sirius", James said honestly and couldn't help but to smile. Now that was a good outcome of the day. Better than he had expected when he left the Room of Requirements earlier.
Sirius held out his hand: "We're cool. But if you hurt him-"
"I couldn't hurt him without hurting myself. But if I do, you have every right to hunt me down", James said seriously and shook his hand, before pulling him into a brotherly hug, "got it."
After a few seconds they released the hug and the old smile was back on both their faces and Sirius stretched his body: "Awesome. Now we can move on to plan the next big highlight of pranks. We are really getting too tame and it's our last year to have fun before being tossed into adulthood."
"Mhm. But you will also have to go and talk to Regulus about that all. He's really upset about the whole situation and he wants your approval more than anyone else's. I'm sure he wants to hear it from you personally that you're accepting it", the Potter pointed out while putting his glasses back on, "and once you two have cleared the fog too, we can think about planning pranks again."
"Oh man, you're such a headboy. But yes, of course. I totally have planned talking to him too, that's the least thing I can do. These family genetics ruin everything, I swear. We could be such great brothers if we wouldn't be so messed up from our family", Sirius laughed and sighed the next second, as this was a little bit too real for his own taste, even though he made that comment.
"But you two are the ones who care to break these circles, Padfoot and I think that matters much more", James informed him with a smile and nudged him. It felt really great to have him back as his best friend and didn't have to worry about him being angry anymore.