She's Mine: Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, right there was when I pushed him," Helen shrugged with leveled eyes. 

Eliza chuckled, and placed it back beside the bowl. 

"I really appreciate this, Helen," she smirked. 

"No problem. Troy was mad that he wasn't able to make it since he had another obligation today. He's threatening to get me back," Helen said with joy– evil joy.

Eliza looked down, and her smile faded a little. The interaction between Helen and Troy was something that she had to envy. If only she and Peter were that close, she was sure things would be different in a good way. She liked being alone, but lately she had to wonder if it was simply because she was used to it. 

"Is everything okay, Eliza?" Helen asked, tilting her head down. 

"Oh yes, I'm fine," she answered in shock. "Stay for lunch or something?

Eliza's last question made her turn to Emmy in panic, but Emmy's eyes opened wide with excitement. 

"Oh, geez, we don't want to be a bother," Helen began with fright. 

"I owe you," Eliza smiled. 

After letting Helen retreat to the living room, Eliza slowly walked into the kitchen and began to pull out vegetables from the refrigerator. 

"What are you doing?" Emmy asked in surprise while snuggling Charlie close to her cheek. 

"Going to prepare food?" Eliza answered with furrowed brows.

Emmy looked around with confusion before looking back at Eliza, slowly inching out, "But you hired... me... to do that." 

"Take a break?" Eliza questioned again, but this time her lips were curling up. 

"For real?" Emmy muttered under her breath, and Eliza nodded. 

Though her hair was up in a bun, Emmy dramatically faux swung her hair to the side with one hand and sighed to Charlie, "The luxury of it all." 

Eliza was snickering to herself, after Emmy strutted out of the kitchen and over to Helen who was obviously trying to hold herself back from picking up the sleeping baby. 

Eliza didn't hesitate to give permission to Helen when she asked, and within seconds Helen's eyes were in a dreamy state as she removed the child in the bassinet. 

Helen's bottom lip quivered as she slowly walked back over to the counter with Eliza's baby. 

"She's absolutely adorable," Helen whispered, before petting her finger along a chubby caramel cheek. 

"Thank you," Eliza blushed, shyly accepting the compliment for the first time. 

"Sometimes I miss when Charlie was this little," Helen admitted, her smile fading a bit. "I remember when she would just look at me for so long without blinking when I held her like this." 

"Are you alright?" Eliza quickly asked, while Helen lifted up her head to show flushed cheeks.

She took in a deep breath, and the brimming tears never fell as she quickly recovered from herself from her sad state. 

"I'm sorry. I was just a little overwhelmed for a second," Helen chuckled. 

"I think I understand that feeling, except my episodes are... well they're episodes," Eliza admitted with embarrassment.