She's Mine: Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

"You're happy?" Emmy whimpered.

Eliza looked up to her with reddened eyes, before putting the little one back into her bassinet. Within seconds, Eliza was rushing into her bedroom. Emmy rubbed her nose, while looking after the open door. She approached it to touch the frame– leaning in to hear that Eliza was crying in her bathroom. 

Emmy's head hung low as she approached the baby, but she couldn't be sad. Eliza was coming to a realization that she wasn't quite ready to confess. Suddenly Emmy was forced to leave those thoughts for another time when she heard a soft knock at the door. 

The short woman quietly hurried to the entrance and stood on her toes to peek through the eyehole. 

"Oh!" Emmy squeaked before unlatching and opening the door.

"Hi, Emmy!" Helen happily greeted. 

"Oh come in, come in!" Emmy insisted, but Helen shook her head. 

"I just came to drop off these flowers for Eliza," she smirked. "It would be rude of me to actually come in unannounced." 

Emmy pouted while she took the vase filled with gorgeous fresh flowers. 

"Are you sure? I can just go and tell Eliza that you're here," Emmy tried, showing all of her pearly-white teeth. 

"Who's here?" Eliza suddenly asked while peeking around the corner with a tissue over her nose. 

"Hi Eliza, I just came to bring you those flowers Ms. Emmy's got in her hands," Helen smiled. 

"Oh... oh! Thank you. Come in," Eliza sniffed before running out of sight again.

"Are you sure? We don't mean to impose," Helen cringed.   

"We?" Emmy muttered. 

Helen smirked, rolled her eyes, and stepped to the side. Charlie was hiding behind her mom's legs, and she smiled as soon as she saw Emmy's face. 

"Get in here!" Emmy laughed, before tilting her head and displaying an evil leer at Helen while they stepped inside. 

"You're a trip, Ms. Emmy," Helen chuckled. 

Emmy just shimmied her shoulders before prancing into the kitchen. After placing the flowers on the counter, Helen walked around on the other side and sat on a stool. However, Charlie wasn't following her. Petting a daisy, Helen was watching Emmy gnaw at the food packet for the flowers. Laughing hysterically, she was shaking her head at the woman who was growing angrier by the second. It was even more funny when Emmy jumped up from Charlie suddenly tapping at her leg. 

"Helen?" Eliza peeped from behind. 

"Hi!" she exclaimed, jumping up and leaning down a little to hug Eliza.

Taken aback by the kind gesture, Eliza looked to Emmy who was smiling before giving up to fetch a pair of scissors. 

"Thank you for these," Eliza muttered, while approaching the small vase full of colorful daisies and chrysanthemums. 

"No problem, but please do ignore the card in there. It was neat until my brother got to it," Helen frowned. 

Eliza opened the small card and smiled when she read Helen's signature that was before Troy's. However, his signature abruptly trailed off the page.