17.0

(Violet's Dress Above)

"You could have rolled your eyes, Told me to go to hell, Could have walked away, But you're still here, And I'm still here, Come on let's see where it goes, I don't wanna steal your freedom, I don't wanna change your mind, I don't have to make you...

"You could have rolled your eyes, Told me to go to hell, Could have walked away, But you're still here, And I'm still here, Come on let's see where it goes, I don't wanna steal your freedom, I don't wanna change your mind, I don't have to make you love me, I just wanna take your time"

-Sam Hunt: Take Your Time

Violet makes her way down the staircase feeling very self conscious. Elijah turns around and is amazed by how gorgeous she looks. She meets his gaze and smiles. Finn steps infront of her with a small smile.

"I didn't get a chance to talk to you earlier." He says and offers her his arm. She reluctantly takes his arm. He leads her to the table that has all champagne. "My mother, Esther, wants to meet you."

"When?" Violet asks.

"Now, if possible." Violet nods. "She's upstairs. You'll find it easily." He explains then adds, "And she only wants to see you."

"Okay." Violet responds and looks through the crowd of people for Elijah. She spots him next to the staircase. "Your mother wants to meet me now. Alone."

"What for?" Elijah asks.

"I'm not sure but I'm going to go find out." She tells him while frowning.

"Be careful." He says and kisses her forehead.

She smiles then makes her way up the stairs and down the hallway carefully. She trips over her dress and almost falls.

She walks into an office area where Esther is.

"You wanted to see me?" Violet asks and shuts the door behind her.

"Yes." Esther says and lights some sage.

"Why?"

"You're Elijah's romantic partner and I didn't get to introduce myself to you earlier." Esther says with a tiny smile and extends a hand. Violet takes it. "I should've known."

"Known what?" Violet asks.

"That you're a Siren." She sees the confusion written across Violet's face, "Niklaus didn't tell you? Its obvious. You're beauty and angelic voice." Esther pauses for a second, "Of course Elijah would fall for someone like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Violet demands, crossing her arms.

"Siren's are powerful. They have more power than witches and are attractive in every way possible. Their voices can lure people in." Esther explains and walks behind the desk. "Elijah has always had a thing for witches."

"So I'm a special type of witch?" Violet asks.

"Yes." Esther answers, "I want you to stay away from my sons." She says and walks over to the door to open it.