"The Senju? Alliance?" I gawked. I felt like barfing. How could I betray my friend? I shook my head quickly. No this was war. No one even knew who they were killing at this point. Hell, I might have even killed a Senju at some point in this senseless war. I took a look at my hands. I would wash and wash and wash them, but it was no use. They were dirty, dirty with blood. 

"Yes." Hayate replied, "Are you up for it? Tomorrow afternoon at the Senju compound."
"Yeah." I got up from my spot, "Sounds good, tou-san! Arigatou." I bowed slightly.
"No need for bowing silly! Now go sleep!"

The housekeeper had emphasized that I wake up early to start preparations. Apparently appearances were an important aspect of diplomatic meetings. It hadn't dawned on me since I spent practically every day in bulky armor only for it to be soiled by blood and earth's dirt. 
I stirred awake and forced myself to get up, my legs now dangling off the edge of my bed. I glanced at the clothing that was picked out for me to wear - it looked quite a bit outside of my comfort zone but a spark of excitement grew in my stomach. It was a kimono which looked to be made of green satin - a characteristic colour of the Hyuga, with gold and black trimming along the hem. 
Wow. I thought to myself, Father and mother must be really eager to send me off.
Well! Time to start getting ready. I have about.. hm, three hours until noon. Let's get the day started with breakfast.

"Are you the least bit excited, Ayumi-sama?" The housekeeper, Koniko, asked while we made our way back to my room to start preparations. She had insisted on starting a "spa day" to help prime me up after all that grime.
"Yeah! Honestly, it'll be a nice change of scenery." 

We had to leave soon. With the help of Koniko, I slipped into the kimono-like dress which perfectly cinched in my waist. I smiled, in awe, almost forgetting how much I looked like a woman. "Gosh," I admired the kimono's fit, "I should do this more often." Admiring the Hyuga emblem on either side of my arm.

" Admiring the Hyuga emblem on either side of my arm

"It looks beautiful on you, Ayumi-sama." She patted the back of the dress. "Who knows!  You may even get lucky and someone might even set their eyes on you."
I blushed. "M-me?! I-! Not even. Anyway, what is up with you and my mother, badgering me about marriage already? It's a bit too early." My head dangeled. I was growing up, I had to get used being asked this question, especially as an heiress. 
"But it's never too late to consider!"
"Koniko," I turned around to meet her eyes. She was a strong Hyuga just like me. "Would you come with me? I think it would be less daunting."
"You're nervous, huh?" She nodded, as if she could use the change of scenery as well. "Of course. I'll meet you outside the compound once I've finished." 
And with that said she left my room. 

I tasseled my long black locks, which now reached my lower back, here and there, quickly noticing how difficult it would be to walk in this attire. I have to learn to get used to it!
I sprayed some perfume on my wrists and neck, slid on a pair of sandals that conveniently went with my dress, and shuffled to the compound's entrance, waiting on Koniko.

The breeze was remarkable. The air did not have that typical stench of humidity and blood, but instead smelled like grass and trees, birds chirping in the background. It was quiet, lacking the sounds of metal clinging past each other. This is where we needed to be headed. Towards peace.

"Preparations are ready. Let's go Ayumi-sama!" I looked back to see her wearing a blue kimono. 
"Mmm!" I smiled with a big grin on my face. We hopped onto the horse-drawn carriage and off we went to the Senju compound.

"You look dashing." I elbowed Koniko, "Maybe someone will set their eyes on you."
"Hahah! That's hilarious." She laughed, "Anyway, you should get something to eat before your stomach grumbles again. You don't want to get embarrassed, do you?"
I brooded. "H-how do you know me so well..." 
She nudged my shoulder, giggling. "You're so predictable!"