Part 17

"Son."

Dean risked a glance at Roman who looked just as shock. His grey eyes were looking straight at Dean's father.

His father. A man who only knew to spent almost three quarter of his paycheck on booze.

Who wasted his days and nights at the bar three blocks away from home. Who actually taught his own son to drink at such a young age.

He was father of the damn year alright.

"Dean! Dean! Dean!" the same reporter from People's magazine called out. "When did Sami and you get together?"

Dean frowned. "I am not in a relationship with Sami Callihan. That ship sailed a long time ago. I am however in a steady relationship with someone. He's not in show business. I ask you to respect my privacy."

Sami looked embarrassed. Dean felt a sense of satisfaction seeing his ex boyfriend's face turned red.

He sighed. Sami was not who he was concerned about. It was his father. What was he even doing here? Dean hadn't seen either of his parents since he moved out to live with Corey right after graduating high school.

"The band will no longer be taking questions, " Paul said. "They'll be performing in ten minutes. Thank you."

Some of the media stayed behind. His father had the audacity to sit in the front row.

"What the fuck is Sami doing here?" Seth whispered angrily as he took his guitar out from its case.

"I don't really care," Dean replied. "I'd like to know who invited my old man. He has some nerve showing up here."

Corey patted his back. "Ignore him, Dean. Just pretend he doesn't exist."

"I'd like to, Core but he's sitting in the front row!"

Paul came up behind him. "Go to the kitchen, Dean."

Dean made a face. "Why would I want to do that for?"

"Roman's there."

Dean didn't need to be told a second time. He hurried through the door with the glass porthole by the cash register.

Roman was standing near the counter, arms crossed, seemingly deep in his thoughts. "Roman."

His boyfriend held him tight. Dean inhaled his scent, enjoying that little moment where he could just be in his arms.

"So, your father, huh?" Roman said, lips near Dean's ear.

Dean pulled away. "Yeah. That's my dad."

"Aren't you going to talk to him, Dean?"

"I have nothing to say to him, Roman. The man destroyed my life."

"Not all of it," Roman replied. "Just some aspects of which you're actually getting help for therefore making you are a stronger person."

"He fucking ruined my life, Roman."

"Can't be as bad as mine."

Dean looked at him. As bad as his? Now that Dean thought about it, Roman never told him much about his life. "What do you mean?"

"We'll talk later. You've got a show, babe."

Dean nodded before pulling Roman for a deep kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too. Break a leg."

Dean walked out front and sat on the chair arranged for him. Brock was staring down at Sami who was standing by the entrance.