Part 12

"Our primary treatment program is 6 weeks long."

Dean smiled at the brunette receptionist at the registration counter as he slid his signed acknowledgement form across the table to her. "Sure. Thank you."

He felt Roman squeezed his hand. Dean forced himself to put on a brave face. No matter the distance between them, he had to be strong.

"Our patient service associate, Kevin, will be showing you to your room," she concluded.

A plump man who reminded Dean of a life size teddy bear strolled up to him. "This way, Sir."

Dean followed behind, his hand still linked with Roman's. His black duffel bag was slung over his shoulder, its contents probably packed more than was necessary.

But rock stars always travelled in style. It was their right. He was thankful the centre allowed him to check in on a Saturday. The rest of Steel Hound's four gigs in LA was without any hiccups. Fans welcomed them, welcomed Karl and Luke. It was more than they had anticipated. Plans were made to head back into the studio once Dean had completed his treatment to start working on the new album.

He was already looking forward to it.

The room was nicer than Dean had expected. The walls were warm toned. There was a single bed with a green headboard. Beside it was a writing desk.

A small cupboard was at the corner for his clothes. No hangers but Dean figured it was because they didn't want anyone trying to harm themselves.

Kevin excused himself when a doctor called him.

Immediately, Roman pulled him into his arms and hugged him tight. "I'm so proud of you, Dean."

Dean smiled. "Thanks, Ro. It really means a lot."

Roman gave him a cheeky grin. That was a first. Dean hid a smile then. "Think we have time for a quick one?"

Dean threw back his head and laughed. "Okay who are you and what have you done with Roman?"

"I'm just saying..."

They both started to unpack the things he had brought from home: some t-shirts, flip-flops, sweatpants, briefs...

By the time it was neatly arranged, Kevin informed Roman that it was time to go.

Roman kissed him hard on the mouth then. As if he was afraid of Dean forgetting him. They were both breathing hard when they broke the kiss.

"I'll call you soon, okay?" Dean said.

"Okay."

"Remember what I said about Bray."

"I remember."

Dean couldn't resist kissing him once more before he watched him leave the room. He sat on his bed with a sigh.

This was going to be the longest six weeks of his life.

Roman had just finished wiping the last table before calling it a night. Dinner wasn't busy tonight so he has time to read up on aftercare support for loved ones after rehabilitation.

"Is this place still opened?"

Roman found Dr Namakaeha standing at the door. "Dr... er I mean Joseph."

Dr Namakaeha or Joseph smiled widely at him. "You work here?"

"Gotta pay the bills somehow."

"That's true. I was looking for a coffeehouse and I saw that the sign was still on. Imagine seeing you here."