Part 9

Two days after Jeff and Matt's departure, Paul arranged for an audition for a new bassist and drummer.

Several musicians turned up to audition. Some of them were not suited musically for their style of music.

One of the guy who was auditioning for bassist even asked the band if they wanted to jam to some Eisley Brothers.

They were disappointed with what they saw but had no choice but to wait patiently.

On the second day, Paul brought in a guy that looked like he belonged on a football field. He was blonde and had a tattoo of a sword.

"He's perfect for you guys as a drummer," Paul said.

"Ummm Paul," Dean said slowly. "Where did you find this guy?"

"And why is he bouncing?" Seth asked.

"He's excited," Paul explained. "Gentlemen, I present to you, from Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is a NCAA Division I Heavyweight Wrestling Champion. BRROOOOCCCKKK LLLEESSSSNAAAAARRR!"

Dean's jaw dropped. Surely Paul wasn't serious about them hiring this guy. He'd break the drums.

Brock smirked at them. Seth jutted his chin out. "Can you play the drums?"

He said nothing in return.

"Do you even talk?"

Silence.

Corey gulped. "We'll keep you in mind," he said politely.

Brock exited the room. Paul stared after him, forlorn.

"Is there anybody else, Paul?" Dean asked. "No offence, man, but that dude looks like he belongs in the UFC."

"He'd fit your band," Paul gushed. "We can even give him a nickname. Listen to this: Beast Incarnate."

"Ummm no, Paul," Seth said firmly. "That's death metal band material right there."

"Well, fine. I'll ask around and see who else is interested."

"Thank you," Dean said. "We'll look around too."

He checked his phone. Roman hadn't messaged him back yet. He was starting to get worried. It had been two days since he had heard from him.

All because of a song?

Suddenly the room became dark. "What the hell?" Paul shouted. "I paid the bills!"

"Maybe it's a power outage?" Dean said.

An eerie voice began singing in the dark:

Catching flies in his mouth...

Tasting freedom... while he dares...

Then crawling back...

Back to the top

Top of the stairs (of the stairs)

He won't see the sun again.

For years to come

He's broken out of love.

A man walked in holding a kerosene lamp, it being the only source of light in the room. Dean could recognise the face from the glow of the lamp. "Bray Wyatt!"

And the lights were back on. Paul screeched at the sight of Bray Wyatt and a man wearing a llama mask.

"Bray, get out," Dean instructed. "And take Erick with you. We don't want hobos in this band."