Part 8

"I cannot believe you wore a bunny outfit for Halloween!" Roman chortled as he ate a Dorito chip.

It was Wednesday night and he was hanging around in Dean's house, sitting on a sofa and looking at Dean's baby pictures. Dean had called him after the press conference and said he was going to pick Roman up after school.

Roman had watched the clip which someone had uploaded on YouTube. Whilst he was surprised that Dean had announced to the press of his intentions of going into rehab, he also could not stop smiling since.

Dean had made him the happiest man on earth.

He was taken aback watching Dean's bandmates, Jeff and Matt's behavior. Although he had expected resentment, the fact that they had burst out like that would no doubt cause the media to spin more tales in the following days to come.

"Hey, I liked Bugs Bunny a lot," Dean replied, sitting beside him an acoustic guitar in his arms. "This was the closest to him."

"You look like an Easter Bunny."

"Yeah. It's horrible. These days, I dress much cooler." He started strumming on it.

When I look into your eyes

I can see a love restrained

But darlin' when I hold you

Don't you know I feel the same

'Cause nothin' lasts forever

And we both know hearts can change

And it's hard to hold a candle

In the cold November rain

"What song is this?" Roman asked.

"You don't know?" Dean asked, still strumming the chords. "Babe, it's November Rain."

"I told you metal isn't my thing," Roman reminded him gently, smiling. He loved Dean calling him that. "It's a nice song."

"It's one of my favorites."

"What's the song about?"

"The meaning?" He looked Roman in the eye. "It's a song about not wanting to be in a state of having to deal with unrequited love."

And when your fears subside

And shadows still remain, oh yeah

I know that you can love me

When there's no one left to blame

So never mind the darkness

We still can find a way

'Cause nothin' lasts forever

Even cold November rain

Roman gulped. Dean... was Dean confessing his love? No, it was too fast. Too soon. He pushed away the bubbly feeling that was surfacing within him. "Hey, do you know any other songs that's not... umm... rock?"

"Sure," Dean replied. He started strumming a tune that Roman did recognise this time.

Tell me when will you be mine

Tell me quando quando quando

We can share a love divine

Please don't make me wait again

When will you say yes to me

Tell me quando quando quando

You mean happiness to me