Chapter Twenty-Eight - Meet The Neighbors

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Why not?"

He drew in a deep breath before crossing his arms and leaning against the bedpost.

"Ella, I need to ask you a question and I need you to answer it honestly."

I said nothing.

"Where is Cain?" He asked me.

"How should I know?"

He smiled.

"You're his mate."

"Is that supposed to mean something?" I asked. "I left to get away from him."

I saw his jaw clench and I wondered briefly if he could tell that I was lying through my teeth.

"You know where he is," he said.

"I don't," I answered honestly. "He was leaving the night that I left. I don't know where he went."

He turned his head to look at me warily.

"Are you certain?"

"Yes."

Weber stood at the foot of the bed. The firelight that came from behind him accentuated his tall, lean figure. The shadows cast over his face made him look menacing. It also aged him. I wondered how old he was.

"We found your plane ticket, we know you flew in from Kashmir," he said. "I just need you to tell me where he is staying."

"I told you," I insisted. "Cain was leaving Kashmir. He didn't tell me where he was going and I didn't ask. Why are you so concerned with finding him?"

"Cain has something that I want and I have a few things that he wants," he answered.

"What could you possibly give him that he doesn't already have?"

His eyes narrowed.

"You, for starters."

"Me?" I asked, feigning surprise. "Cain doesn't want me. I left because he said so. I'm not going to be a very valuable bargaining chip."

I wondered if I was being convincing enough. I couldn't read Weber because I couldn't see his face well. I couldn't tell if he was buying it.

"So should I just kill you now then?" He asked.

I gulped.

"Just let me go home," I pleaded. "I don't belong here, I'm not a Vampire or a Lycanthrope. I just want to be left out of this."

Weber raised an eyebrow.

"He didn't tell you?"

Now it was my turn to look surprised.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

He smiled.

"You are not human," he said. "You have pure-blooded Lycanthrope running through your veins."

Carnalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें