The Party

//Your POV//

My lips quivered as I stared down the dark brown abyss in my red solo cup.

"C'mon Y/n! Just drink it!" Emma coaxed me.

For context, Emma is one of the most popular girls in school who happened to throw a party tonight.

She lives on the same street as me, but we barely know each other expect her reputation as one of the top people on the highschool food chain, a senior seductress, and mine, a shrimpy, junior geek.

She was on her way back to her house before the party started in her convertible when she noticed me walking home from the 7/11 from around the corner.

She must've pitied me enough to make me her new project.

"Hey! Come to my party! I'll make you cool!" Was what she baited me with.

And me, being my stupid self, agreed.

Emma had many expectations for me; She wanted to 'doll me up', get my drink, smoke pot, and loose my virginity, none of which I was willing to do.

The most I let her to do was put a little makeup on my face before the party started.

I took a tiny sip of whatever liquor was in the cup and gagged immediately, forcing myself to swallow it.

"Good, right?" Emma smiled eagerly.

I told her what she wanted to hear, "Y-Yeah, it's cool."

I didn't want to make the queen of hearts angry, unless I wanted to be decapitated.

"Knew you would like it! Let me get you some more-"

"Actually, I need to use the bathroom. Where is it?" I cut her off, lying so I could get away from her and try to wait out the party.

"Upstairs to the right of my bedroom. It's all the way down the hall."

"K, thanks."

I squeezed my way past the smelly crowd of drunk teenagers.

'Why did I agree to this? If this is what being cool is, then I don't want to be cool! Fuck the popular kids. Fuck Emma,' I yelled in my head.

I knew she was trying to be "nice", but she was probably going to try to get something out of this.

Probably make me do her homework for her.

I slammed the door to the bathroom and locked it, staring intently at the mirror, disappointed in myself.

What was I doing here?

This wasn't me.

These weren't the people I hung out with.

I left the bathroom and decided to explore the upstairs for a little bit when I saw a light shining through the cracks of Emma's bedroom door.

I passed the parents room where I heard people going to third base in and slowly approached her room.

I knocked on the door softly.