"Ohh, is that it then?" Luke asked

"Yeah. That's it" I said

"Well" he scratched his head. He forcefully smiled at me. He pulled something out of his pocket, and it was a corsage "only the boys have those. They are suppose to give the corsage to the girl they're planning to ask out for the dance. I wanted to go with you but, I guess I'm just gonna have to respect your decision. So, here" he handed me the corsage. I tried to give it back

"Don't be so dramatic. You can ask somebody else. Besides, do you have any idea how many girls would want to go out with you? They are willing to donate their organs just so you could ask them ou-"

"you're not like other girls." he said, and I froze stiff. He turned to the corsage in my hand "Keep it. Honestly, It would've look really good on you. I'll just...go back to my responsibilities" he smiled at me and walked away.

Am I doing something wrong, or is he being over-soap opera?! I'll go with over- soap opera. This is not the first time. For a 17 year old guy, he's so dramatic!

I just looked at the corsage in my hand that I didn't even notice that the Grace Randolph bus had just arrived.

"Joe!" I heard Helena say as she got off the bus, but I didn't turn to her. I just looked at the corsage in my hands.

"Hi!" she hugged me

"Hey" I said

She finally noticed the corsage

"Oh My Gosh! You're taken!!!" she said in excitement

"What?! No!"

"Who's it from then?"

"Nobody. I found it on the ground"

She looked at me in a suspicious way.

"I find that very hard to believe" she said

"So, anything interesting happened?" I asked

She pulled something out of her bag. It's a corsage, also "It's from Matt"

"Obviously" I said, picking my bag up. I get it! The five girls go with the same five guys every year.

"Joe!" Chantel stepped out of the bus, followed by Cassy, Lily and Jade.

"Hi!!!" I hugged the four of them

"So, what did we miss?" Cassy asked. Helena showed the girls her corsage from Matt. The other girls brought their corsages out as well.

"What about you, Joe?" Jade asked. I shrugged. My hands were behind my back and the corsage was still in my hand. Helena took my corsage from me and showed it to the girls.

"Hey!" I said

"Joe claims that she found it on the ground" Helena said

"Goodness me, Joe!" Chantel said

"Did April get a corsage?" Cassy asked, taking my corsage from Helena.

"How should I know?" Helena said.

Hearing April's name made me feel really guilty. I don't want to stab April on the back anymore. I don't want to say things behind her back anymore. But, I know she'll still be the same April that everyone hates so much.

***

On Thursdays, French is our first period. Some things had changed here. April was quiet today. She didn't even cooperate and recite in class. She always does...what happened?!

And Luke? He didn't even try look at me. Well, he did...I guess? Okay! Here's what happened! We had this worksheet earlier. I pretended that I didn't know anything about it so that I could 'ask' him for help, something like that...just to make him talk to me.