Authority

I sat there, just sobbing into Vlad's arms for way too long. What was I doing this? Why wasn't I fighting back or demanding my freedom? He had said that fighting would be useless, but then again, So was crying. My blubbering wouldn't get me anywhere. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes.
"Liebling? Are you alright" Vlad frowned as I sat up and nodded, tears still falling down my cheek. He gazed at me for a moment before sighing. "Liebling, there's no need to keep a stiff upper lip. I told you you're going to be here for awhile..." he stood up and held out his hand. I stared at his hand for a moment, trying to look everywhere but his stupid face. "C'mon we have more things to do and places to be." He said warmly, his tone made me clench my fists. I looked at his hand one last time before slapping it away.

I heard him gasp sharply as he clutched his hand. His gaze drilled holes into my head, but I refused to return his stare. Hitting him was either the smartest or stupidest thing I could have done. Unfortunately I was starting to get the impression it was the stupidest. Without warning, he gripped my jaw, forcing me to look up at him. His fingers dug into my skin as he clutched me. My eyes widened as he leaned down, glaring at me through his glasses. His eyes flickered dangerously, making my stomach drop. Oh. Shit. My head was racing, why did I ever hit him? I began to try to wiggle out of his grip.
"Let me go!" I shouted as I struggled against him, my head shaking in all directions. I groaned as I attempted to pull his hands away. I felt his hand wrap around both my wrists as he pulled my hands away from his arm. His grip tightened until it felt like both my jaw and wrists were about to snap.
"Krista." He said slowly and clearly. Chills flowed through my spine. They way he said my name made we want to crawl out of my skin. "I've already said this, we run on obedience. I can make your life a living hell if I want to, I can do what ever I want. I don't like being aggressive, but I will if I have to." Some of his neatly combed hair had fallen into his face. "Now, never hit me ever again, verstehen?" I whimpered and turned my face away from him. "I said do you understand?" He demanded, his voice a bit softer.
"y-yes" I said softly. "Ah! I mean yes sir." I added hastily. I never wanted to see this side of Vlad again. My heart was racing, my limbs trembled and my wrists ached. He sighed and let go of my wrists.

"Krista, I'm not lying when I say I don't like being the aggressor. We need to rely on each other. You need me to live, and I need you to simply do as I ask. But for that to happen, I need you to trust me." His voice almost a pleading tone. He gently let go of my face as he ran a hand through his blonde hair. How could I trust hafter that? "I'm don't blame you though. You probably hate me right now. You've just been the most defiant."
"The most defiant?"
"Yes, everyone else had already come to terms with the fact this was their life now."
"E-everyone else?"
"All my other subjects."
"What happened to them?" I started up at Vlad, he frowned and furrowed his brows.
"Well they...Krista I... that's not a story for today." He gave a small smile before turning toward the door.
"Where are we going?"
"We need to get you chipped."