Chapter 11: Preperations

Ryan's POV
When Tina became class president, I was hoping I wouldn't get dragged into any student council business. But Tina made me help with the dance decor. She said it would be good chance to spend time together. Although I love being around her, I would rather go to the park or Eldoon's Noodles...

Unicorn's POV
The dance is in two weeks. Plenty of time to ask Goldy. I'm just hoping that I ask before Sabre does.
Ryan and Tina told Goldy and I ahead of time that they'll be too busy planning for the dance to hangout. Which is a good and bad thing... Good because now I can hangout with Goldy alone, and bad because I don't have Ryan for advice.
I have a plan on how I want to ask Goldy, but I'll need some help. Ugh...why does Ryan have to be busy?!

I was walking home from school when I ran into someone. We both fell, and I rubbed my head before picking myself up.
"I am so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked, holding my hand out for them to take.
"Don't worry about it. Mistakes happen." Was their reply. I recognize that voice...Sabre...
He took my hand and I pulled him up.
"Unicorn?" Sabre asked when he looked up at me.
"Sabre."
"Still upset with me I see. Heh, guess I deserve that." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.
I turned to leave, hoping he wouldn't stop me, but my luck is not that great.
"Unicorn wait!" Sabre called.
"What?" My voice was laced with impatience and annoyance. What does he want?
"I know we got off on the wrong foot back at Daycare and when I started going to school with you, but can we put that behind us? Enemies are not something I need in middle school."
"Sabre we are pining after the same girl. That's one thing we cannot put behind us."
"Well about that... I'm not planning on asking Goldy to the dance."
I turned back to face him.
"You're not?"
"No. I actually asked Cookie. Luckily she said yes."
"Cookie? Didn't expect that one." Cookie and Sabre? Since when?!
"We actually got to talking thanks to the project and turns out, we have a lot in common." I noticed him blush as he spoke. He must really like her.
"Well anyways, can we start over? I feel like you and I could be great friends if we tried. And it would make Goldy happy."
"Make Goldy happy?" I was a little confused.
"Remember when we still went to daycare and we fought over who would be her teammate? *Episode: Love Triangle on Goldy's channel* She said she wanted us to get along." Sabre reminded me.
"In that case, I guess we can try." I stuck my hand out to him. "Friends?" I asked.
"Friends." He repeated, shaking my hand.

I know this chapter is short...I'm just leading up to the dance. I have a big plan for it, so I'm making sure I cover who everyone is going with beforehand. Anyways, thanks for reading!