Chapter 4: Mutual Feelings?

Goldy's POV
I was still on edge on whether or not Unicorn had forgiven me, but we continued to talk as if we were still in daycare. He told me about how he taught a kid how to make potions so that he had someone to watch his lab. I giggled at the thought of a four year old child attempting to mix potions.
A few minutes turned into an hour and I finally realized that Tina and Ryan were on a neighboring bench. Upon further inspection, I noticed that their fingers were intertwined.
"Hey Unicorn, look." I said softly, pointing at the two love birds.
He turned his attention towards my finger, only to quietly chuckle at the sight. Ryan was slowly scooting closer to Tina and Tina was as red as a tomato. But to their dismay, Unicorn and I ruined their moment... My giggling got out of hand and their focus turned to me.
"Oops." I said through laughs. Tina looked mad, and Ryan looked like he wanted to kill me.
"Goldy!" Ryan exclaimed. He followed his scolding with a face palm.
"Aww...Cutie." Tina said calmly. She rested her hand on his arm, which caused him to turn red.
I hopped off the bench to walk away and signaled for Unicorn to follow. I'm not the same kid I was back in daycare. I had a different perspective on romance and respect. I was gonna let them have their space. Unicorn walked me back to my house, where we said goodnight. It felt good seeing him again. My best bud, my homie, my pal.

Two Weeks Later
Unicorn's POV
The old group has hung out everyday since the first day of school. Ryan and Tina finally started dating (everyone from daycare has been teasing them about it) and my crush on Goldy has grown more than I ever thought it could. Things are different now. Goldy doesn't think love and romance are gross icky stuff anymore, which means I have a chance with her! My original plan before the 10 years apart was to confess to her on the last day of daycare, but that didn't work out...
Flashback
I gonna do it. I'm finally gonna tell Goldy how I feel! The entire daycare started to look bland because so much was changing. All of the kids' rooms were cleared out and so were the offices. The Slingshot Squad Base was locked up for good and my lab was passed on to my apprentice.
As everyone was preparing to leave and say their goodbyes, I pulled Goldy aside. She gave me her usual oblivious look, and I gathered all my courage.
"G-Goldy, I...I really l-like you." I stammered out.
She didn't hesitate to respond, but it wasn't the answer I was hoping for...
"I like you too, bud! You're my best friend!" She said as she gave me a side hug. My heart sank, but I kept my fake smile on. Goldy was an oblivious child...I don't know what I expected.
End of Flashback

Chapter 5: Sabre's Back will probably be out tonight. If not it will be out late tomorrow