"You can go back to training," Renjun said, not looking at the older's expectant eyes.

"Are you sure you're O.K.?"

Renjun only supplied a nod in confirmation, no longer trusting his voice.

Doyoung nodded, letting the younger boy have his way and headed back to training, but definitely not before letting Taeyong know the situation.

Taeyong was immediately concerned, meeting Renjun who was still in the kitchen.

"Renjun, are you alright?" his voice was soft towards the boy.

"I'm fine," he answered, not looking at Taeyong, but instead focusing on his fingers that were clamped together on the countertop he was sitting at.

"How many hours of sleep have you been getting?" the older asked, placing his hand atop Renjun's clenched ones.

The younger looked at Taeyong, before turning his glance away to think.

"Ten?" he seemed unsure.

"A night?" Taeyong asked, looking confused. Renjun shook his head.

"This week," he answered, before looking to his hands and recounting to make sure.

"Yep, ten for sure," he nodded in affirmation.

Taeyong hadn't said anything, trying to refrain from reacting, but still this was alarming news.

"How long has it been like this?"

Renjun looked at the older, no emotion seemed to fill his eyes.

"A couple of weeks," was the simple reply.

Taeyong shut his eyes, before taking a deep breath, and opening them once again.

"Alright, come with me," he said, before going towards the basement.

Renjun followed him all the way down the unfortunately familiar steps, before leading him to the medical room, where the Dream group had rested after Taeyong's tests.

"What are we doing here?" Renjun asked, allowing Taeyong to push him to sit on one of the mattresses.

"You, Renjun, are in serious need of rest," he said, as a soundless Hendery walked in.

"What do you mean?" Renjun's eyes seemed to widen.

"You need to sleep, and a lot of it," the older said before waving the other boy in the room over.

Renjun watched as Hendery brought his hand to his forehead, and feel instantly sluggish.

Taeyong guided the younger's body to lay fully onto the mattress before pulling a blanket over him.

"Wait-" the younger called out, eyes closed as he reached for Taeyong.

Taeyong held the outstretched hand, ensuring that he was still there.

"I-I can't," he started, words sluggish.

"What can't you do?" Taeyong asked, holding onto Renjun's hand tighter.

"Go," the younger had a long pause, "to sleep."

"Go to sleep?"

"I. can't go," the younger had a longer pause, "to sleep," before becoming limp on his journey to dreamland.

"It'll be better when you come back," Taeyong said, ruffling the younger's hair affectionately.

"Everything'll be better."

. . . 

A/N:

so

i've died once again

but i've got a reason this time!

sort of anyway

i had originally started this chapter another way, but ended up scrapping the idea all over and then i didn't know what i wanted, blah blah blah, but here ya go!

thank you so much for reading!

i hope you enjoyed!

and until next time!

started : i don't even remember
finished : 2019.7.5