Ablaze

Akai felt herself growing bored. It wasn't a type of boredom that exhausted it was mentally taxing but a type of boredom that felt stale and dry. A repetitive one.

Also knew that their trip to the Mist was going to happen anytime now and she needed to be ready. The only thing now was the bitterly annoying wait.

It was official. Akai Uchiha hated D-rank missions. She had the capability and power that could surpass a Kage! Not easily, but capable nonetheless.

After the second D rank mission team 7 completed Akai decided to start putting her plan in motion.

"Meet tomorrow. Same time for another mission." Kakashi informed with a casual slack off smile.

Naruto and Sakura let out a groan while Sasuke scowled lightly.

Akai said nothing as there was something she needed to do.

She snuck into the Hokage building once she was sure Lord Third had left. It was a risk since there were probably anbu everywhere but Akai knew that she could pass them.

She used her Mangekyo to cast a thick genjutsu that she was sure not even Lord Second could break out of and proceeded with stage one of her plan.

The Chunin exams would occur right after their adventures in the Hidden Mist so Akai needed to prepare now.

She knew that the Hokage had every file on every citizen and shinobi of Konoha somewhere.

She just needed to find hers.

She wasn't going to risk Kabuto or anyone finding out of her existence as an Uchiha.

Akai rummaged through the cabinet neatly so as not to leave proof anyone had touched anything. She searched under 'Orphan' to find her name but was disappointed when her file wasn't there.

Finally she set her eyes on the binder of 'Uchiha' files. Taking a deep breath she used her Sharingan to swiftly sort through that too.

She found her file along with every other Uchiha. Almost everyone had a red stamp of 'DECEASED' on their file but a select few. She noticed an anomaly with a certain file that she couldn't help but smirk at.

Itachi Uchiha.

It was simple to see his file had been tampered with meaning the real file was elsewhere.

Akai was tempted to take his but didn't. Sasuke could also be held as a suspect for this and she didn't want her pieces to be taken so soon in her game.

The real file was probably somewhere else where all Konoha's dirty secrets are held. Danzo and the current Hokage undoubtedly had a copy of the real thing.

But, she settled on hers alone.....after mentally copying Itachi's with her sharingan.

This could be used as a bargaining tool.

Just then Akai sensed a disturbance in her genjutsu and decided to leave before someone could even possibly pose a threat.

Fighting the temptation to leave some sort of signature of a successful heist she took the file in her hand firmly and bolted off into the night.

They'd learn of her missing file eventually namely the next day.

Akai released the genjutsu once she returned to the safe comfort called home and sighed.

She had the file but now what?

Should she dispose of it? She didn't want to be caught with it. It would look suspicious! She needed to hide it somewhere safe.