VI

I looked up to see the guy from across the hall staring at me then over at all the crowded tables in the cafe.

"I guess not."

He sat the binder he carried down first then took a seat.

"Was the bagel good?" He pointed towards the half-eaten bagel on my plate. 

I nodded then opened my laptop to copy something real fast.

"How was the gym?" I made small talk.

"Ight." He flexed his arm muscle before calling the waitress over.

Lesha switched over "how can I help you?"

"Can I get what she just had." He ordered.

Lesha stared between us then at me with wide eyes "that's him?" She questioned with her head tilted my way.

I tried my hardest not to laugh as I nodded.

He looked on confused as she told him 'okay' then walked off as he annoyingly started drumming his knuckles on the table like a little impatient kid in class.

I could feel his eyes on me. "So you come here a lot?"

"Not as much as I'd like to." I didn't look away from my laptop, but once I did my eyes landed on his navy blue binder. "What's in there?" He scooted it towards me as I curiously opened it. Seeing nothing but ass & titties. "Is this a scrapbook collection of everybody you fucked?"

"No, I'ma freelance photographer." he defended "I get paid to take these pictures, yet not a lot of people can look past the nudity and see the art of it all."

I flipped through the images "Oh!  Her titties are cute," I pointed "sooo these women just let you take these revealing photos of them because it's artsy?"

"Yeah, something like that. But you'd be surprised how many don't make it to the gallery because the women are too insecure about their bodies. It takes a lot to get them to just relax and pose." He confessed then tapped on one of the pictures. "She busted out crying during shooting and we had to send her home."

"Why there's nothing wrong with her body." I frowned. "Hmm where the sistas at? what you don't like black women or—"

"Maybe you can help out with that, and of course I love Black woman... I came outta one." He said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Not happening." Then handed him back his binder.

At first I was just playing but this dude was really the Black Hugh Hefner.

He touched my laptop afterward "what you looking at anyway?"

"Creating flyers for my Spring Break party..."

"Oh! Wait you made that?!" He pointed to the screen "you're fucking talented!"

"I'm majoring in graphic designing and thank you," I responded—since talking with Adrian's parents the other day I decided that I no longer wanted to major in marketing and business.

He licked his lips as the waitress brought him his food "So when is the party?"

"2 weeks from today... What you tryna slide through? Make it rain on a few of my dancers??" I playfully teased.

"Dancers?"

"Yes, this bout to be the most lit shit Miami has ever seen!" I vowed, "so you definitely should come through you can be a lil photographer or something for us... I'll pay!"

I stood and gathered my belongings after saying that.

"I'll do it for free." He said.

"Cool!" I smirked.

"Wait! I didn't get your name."

I thought about it before telling him "It's Megan!" Megan was the badass alter ego I had created to remain lowkey since my fiance didn't like me having too many male friends. "What about you?"

"It's Dave." He answered in that deep New Yorker accent of his.

"I'ma call ya David." I winked then strutted out of the cafe with my bag in hand.

•

A/N: None of these 3 chapters have been proof-read so please excuse any typos and thank you all for getting this story to 1k reads/views. If updates are late then just know my mother is currently going through a lot rn and if I'm not online then I'm dealing with that. You can check out my bio and message board to stay updated with this story.

 You can check out my bio and message board to stay updated with this story