Chapter 2

"Why did you vanish like that?" Mia asked as Emma invited her in.

Emma looked down and said in a manner that was so delicate and precise and was difficult to analyse, "You know, my dad got promoted and transferred to US suddenly and I didn't get the chance to reach you, I'm sorry."

"But why couldn't you contact me?"  Mia questioned.

"I don't know," replied Emma weakly.

Mia heaved a heavy sigh and said "We haven't seen each other for almost thirteen years, I missed you so much".

"I missed you more than you know," replied Emma.

"Huh? You missed me more than I know! It's ridiculous," Mia said rolling her eyes with a frown.

"Yes, of course!" Emma joked and laugh while rolling her eyes back at Mia in a funny way.

"Whatever!" Mia said smiling

"So, why did you come here?" Emma finally asked.

"I wanted to see you," Mia replied.

"Oh, I see," Emma said squeezing her arms tightly around Mia, to express her affection.

After a while, they went out to a place where you pay to sit and eat meals that are cooked and served.

A waiter came with a smile, which was engraved on his face and said "Ma'am, what will you like to order?"

"Uhm, two plates of pasta and two bottles of coke," ordered Emma.

"Thanks ma'am, your order will be ready in fifteen minutes," assured the waiter.

Lunch was served; while they were eating, Emma was very happy to see her BFF once again.
Emma noticed Mia was lost in thought as they sat so she asked, "What are you thinking of?"

"I've been thinking, we are BFF but we won't get to reach or talk much after leaving here."

"Why?" Emma asked curiously.

"...Because we are leaving the country soon, I mean my parents and I and we don't even know where we are going!"

"If you don't know where, who is taking your family?" Emma asked puzzled.

"My uncle!" replied Mia, "and he's so bad like the devil", she concluded.

"Oh!" Emma exclaimed.

Mia started to cry and leaned her head on Emma's shoulder.

                                                 [361 words]
- Suri C (Author)