Chapter 10: Calm Before the Storm

Y/N POV

Looking up from the puddle of rain water, I decided I would go after Neo. After all, she did seem pretty upset. I finally arrived at her dorm after a long walk through the facility.

"Hey Neo! Can I come in?" I say as I knock on the door. No reply. I began to knock once again, until a text notification went off on my scroll.

"Come in," the text read.

I opened the door as I entered the room. In front of me was Neo in very fitting ice cream themed pajamas sitting on a large ice cream themed bed. "Heading to bed already?" I ask as I take a seat beside her.

"No, I was about to go mountain climbing," Neo types on her scroll.

"Wow, really?" I ask, my voice thick with sarcasm.

"What do you think?" Neo types, visibly annoyed.

"Still mad at me?" I ask.

"Yes," Neo responds.

"But I thought you liked me," I say dramatically, pretending to cry.

"Shut up," Neo types as she throws a plushie at me.

"Oh I know! You're jealous," I smirk. "I already told you, I don't know those girls."

This made Neo's face go bright red as she gained a sudden interest in the plushie on the floor. Luckily for her however, Roman suddenly stuck his head in the doorway. "Hello kids, having fun?" he asks jokingly.

We just stared at him, void of emotion.

"Oooook......" he says, looking creeped out. "I need you two to come down to the meeting room real quick."

We just kept staring at him with our empty eyes.

"I see that I'm not wanted here," Roman says, quickly closing the door as he leaves.

As soon as the door shut Neo and I both burst into laughter, with the former giggling silently. As we both struggled for air, I could've sworn I heard Roman say something outside along the lines of "I'm never going in there again," which prolonged our laughter.

"That's why we're best friends," I smile.

"You better buy me more ice cream if you want it to stay that way," Neo types half jokingly and half serious. Maybe ten percent jokingly.

"Is that the only reason we're friends?" I sigh.

"I like you as a person too..." Neo types, looking embarrassed.

"So you do care!" I exclaim, hugging Neo.

"COME ON, ROMAN'S WAITING FOR US!" Neo types when I finally let go.

"Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy it," I respond as we head through the hallway.

"That didn't sound very family friendly," Neo types.

"And now I instantly regret saying that," I sigh.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/N giving Chibi Neo a piggyback ride

Third Person POV

"And that's how we're gonna lure an army of Grimm into the city," Roman finishes. "You get all that?"

Both Neo and Y/N had fallen asleep in the middle of Roman's monologuing, with Neo leaning on Y/N's shoulder.

"Of course not," Roman sighs as he glances at his partners in crime.

"Cookies..." Y/N mumbles in his sleep.

"Recruit some kids, they said. It'll be fun, they said. Not as much work, they said. Then why are they sleeping?!" Roman yells as he slams a fist on the table, startling the two sleepers.

"I'M AWAKE!" Y/N yells as he jumps out of his chair, causing Neo to fall backwards and onto the floor.

*SLAP*

"Ow!" Y/N shouts as he rubs the red slap mark on his cheek all while Neo stands next to him, arms crossed.

A/N: Quick question; do you guys want faster updates with shorter chapters or slower updates with longer chapters?