Chapter 12: Run by @DerpyCat34

"Uh, uh," I stuttered, "we were just, um, practicing for our next video! Yeah, we were just practicing!"

I could see Brett panicking until he realized I was speaking. After a long awkward silence, he said, "Don't worry about us, we're all good. Anyways, why are you here?"

My sister hesitated for a second before announcing, "Grandmother wanted to ask if Brett wanted to stay for dinner."

"Sure."

"Well then, if you two are going to eat dinner, then you should probably get out of the bathroom. Oh and Eddy, you're probably gonna want to change out of that Halloween costume of yours."

"Ok then. Whatever you say." I muttered, before trudging off to my room. I slipped out of my costume before pulling on my Ling Ling 40 hours hoodie and some grey sweatpants. I washed my hands, pausing for a moment to consider taking off my makeup. I shrugged, thinking it looked fine, and kept it on, walking into the dining room.

When I walked in, I saw Brett, Belle, and Grandmother already talking while enjoying some Asian stir-fry. I sat down with them, about to join their conversation, before Grandmother cut me off.

"Eddy, my dear, are you gay?"

I froze, not sure, what to do. Should I confess to my Asian family but get kicked out, or lie, but forever keep my emotions bottled up inside me? I contemplated the two for a bit before remembering the all-powerful words: fight or flight.

I sprinted towards the door, almost tripping over Brett's violin case, lying on the floor by the front door. I yanked it open, practically throwing myself outside onto the front porch and into the rain, letting it beat down on me. From there, I just ran. Away from home. Away from my family. Away from Brett.

I ended up at the coffee shop. Jim, who had the morning and evening shift, looked up to see me, soaking wet. He gave me a sympathetic look before walking up to the cash register and letting me order my usual, not questioning why it looked like I was having a mid-life crisis,

I sat at the table, all alone, listening to the workers clean up the shop before closing, and pondering my life choices. Slowly, I let my thoughts wander, thinking about bubble tea and practicing and whether BTS or Blackpink was better. I eventually closed my eyes, making it look like I was asleep so I wouldn't be bothered, even though no one was there to bother me. I was so busy comparing their songs in my mind that I didn't realize how dark it had gotten outside before I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Jim standing next to me.

"I'm sorry to say this, but the store's closing for the night," He said, sympathy filling his eyes.

I started to panic. I hadn't thought this through, meaning that I hadn't planned where I would sleep tonight. I considered walking home, but the rain was still pouring down, and I couldn't face the shame. I could stay at a hotel, but there weren't any hotels within walking distance.

"You ok?" Jim asked.

"I don't have anywhere to go."

"Well, if you really have to, you could stay at my place tonight."

(Yeah!!!! This fanfic is kicking. Who's next? You can write a whole chapter, or a couple of paragraphs if you feel shy.

It's Eddy's point of view. At the moment it's 1st person, "I", but we could go back to third person narrative any time "he....". Right now.... this really has the feel of a novel...)