jason's monologue | under the red hood

character: Jason Todd
performed by: Jensen Ackles

male, adult, long, dramatic
from Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010)

Is that what you think this is about? You letting me die? I don't know what clouds your judgement worse, your guilt or your antiquated sense of morality

Is that what you think this is about? You letting me die? I don't know what clouds your judgement worse, your guilt or your antiquated sense of morality. Bruce, I forgive you for not saving me. But why... why on God's earth... is he still alive?!

Ignoring what he's done in the past. Blindly, stupidly disregarding the entire graveyards he's filled, the thousands who have suffered, the friends he's crippled. You know, I thought... I thought I'd be the last person you'd ever let him hurt. If it had been you that he beat to a bloody pulp, if he had taken you from this world, I would've done nothing but search the planet for this pathetic pile of evil, death-worshiping garbage and then send him off to hell!

...

What? What, your moral code just won't allow for that? It's too hard to cross that line?

...

Why? I'm not talking about killing Penguin or Scarecrow or Dent. I'm talking about him. Just him. And doing it because... Because he took me away from you.

...

Well, you won't have any choice. This is what it's all been about. This! You, me, him! Now is the time you decide! If you won't kill this psychotic piece of filth, I will! If you want to stop me, you're going to have to kill me!

I'm going to blow his deranged brains out! And if you want to stop it, you are going to have to shoot me, right in my face!

It's him, or me! You have to decide! Decide, NOW! DO IT! HIM, OR ME! DECIDE!