Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry..."

"You wanted this to happen. You know this will kill her! You know she likes you! She fucking confessed to you! Damn it!"

"Chaeng, you don't understand a thing!" Jisoo's voice echoed and thrummed inside me.

I turned to her and shrug her hands away from me. My eyes were burning in anger. My blood boiling, I pointed at her, "You! You knew about it too but you still did this?! You people are fucking unbelievable!"

I saw her flinch then she averted her gaze from me. I was about to walk out when Jennie held my arm tightly. "Listen to us, Chaeng!" she said firmly.

I tried to pry her hands away but the hold was too tight that I slightly felt a bruise forming on my arm.

I shook my head as I struggled, "No, you listen to me! You never knew how much pain Lisa has been through! You weren't there when she was crying! You weren't there when she had her attacks! You weren't because you two were busy fucking each other! Right, Jennie?" I spat out sarcastically.

The sound of the slap resonated in the spacious room.

I already expected a blow, I was already anticipating it, so when it came, I was prepared to face her wrath.

I smirked when I tasted the metallic tang of blood. But my smirk fell when it wasn't her who slapped me... it was Jisoo.

"Chu..." Jennie looked at me with fear in her eyes and her eyes fell towards my now swollen cheeks. "Chaeng, I'm sorry..."

Jisoo held her and shook her head. "No. Don't apologize to her, Jendeuk. She deserves it."

My hand trembled as I felt my anger boiling. "F-fu-"

She looked at me in the eyes, her eyes steely as she stood infront of me. "I will never apologize to someone who only knows one part of the story and concludes shit."

Jennie tried to pull her towards her. "Unnie, no. Don't."

"Do you want to know our side too, Rosé? Or just live in that anger and think that we're the bad guys?"

"Unnie, no. Please. We can't do anything about it. I'm going to try again because her happiness comes first."

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Are you willing to listen to us now, Rosé?" Jisoo asked again.

"I asked you! What did you say?" I pushed Jennie back with my finger, probing her to answer me.

"That her happiness comes first..."

"It was you..." she nodded slowly.

"Are you going to listen to us now?"

I nodded while sitting down. My anger dissipating as I stared at them.

What the fuck is happening? What the fuck am I missing?

They started to explain and when they finished, my mouth was hanging agape.

"What..."

"Now tell me, Rosie, where is she? What did they do?" Jennie pleaded, her voice full of fear.

"Oh no." My heart thrummed loudly as they were expecting me to explain.

Their faces fell, "Oh no, what?"

"We made a huge mistake."

"What? What happened? Where is she?!"

I looked at her empty cabinet again. "She's on her way to L.A..."

"What?!" They both exclaimed.

I stared at my hands, wringing them in worry. "YG was the one who planned this and we couldn't do anything about it."

"We? Who knows about this too?"

"Unnie and I..."

Jennie lost her balance and she fell down. "Oh fuck. This is not happening...no. No. This is all my fault."

"Unnie..."

"Chu... we're too late."

She sighed dejectedly as she stare into space. However, she immediately stood up when something caught her attention.

She walked towards the dresser and picked up two frames. It was their picture together with our picture from Jeju.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered as she gazed into Lisa's eyes. "I'm so so sorry for hurting you..."

And I saw a shiny ball drop towards the glass of the frame.

My heart broke at the sight.

What have we done?