Always a Good Time ~2~

[3rd Person POV]

20 minutes had passed, it was 10:23 am. Violet and Isabelle just finished playing twenty one. The score was 19-12. Isabelle lost.
"Okay, you can pick the next game" Violet asked her friend.
"Let's play crazy eights." Isabelle said getting all the cards together then starting to shuffle.
"Let's do it."
Isabelle started to deal 8 cards to each of them then flipped over a card to start. It was a nine of spades. Violet put down a seven of spades.

"Haha! Suck it!" Isabelle declared as she slammed down the queen of spades.
The short haired girl glared at her friend and started to pick up 5 cards. Her one card turned into six cards.
Later in the game, Isabelle got down to 3 cards then played a diamond.
She grinned and put down a 2 of diamonds, clubs and spades. "Eat shit."
Isabelle angrily grabbed six cards to add to her 2 she already had.

Isabelle ended up winning the first round when she put down a four of diamonds then clubs. The two continued to play crazy eights until 11:05.

Isabelle put away the cards and tucked a piece of her long brown hair behind her ear. "Do you want me to go across to get subway while you save our spot?"
The short haired girl shook her head, "No need to." She said taking out food and two water bottles.
"Oh right! You're Jesus." Isabelle chuckled, "thank you!"
"No problem, I just didn't want us spending on food all day, so I figured I'd cover lunch."
The two started to eat their sandwiches and drink their waters.

The two were still eating and laughing.
"Dude! Dude! Dude!" Isabelle got Violet's attention, "Imagine Tyler falling on the piano but like hitting it on a beat drop!" The best friends started laughing like crazy imagining the silly things that come to mind.
"I've cleared like everything on my phone so I can record pretty much everything." Violet said and her long haired friend chuckled,
"So have I. It was spring cleaning for my phone anyways."

The friends continued to talk long after the food was gone.
"Hey V, why'd you get into the band? I know you liked the songs on the radio but what made you become a huge ass fan?"
The short haired brunette chuckled, "Well, I think seeing the beauty live helped a lot. I also fell in love with their music because it's not false, you know? The songs are about things that actually matter and real battles people have to go through. Not some stupid song about getting money."
Isabelle clapped "Preach Jesus!"
Violet laughed, "Don't say that too loud!"
"I know! I know." The girl in the camouflage overalls took a sip of water.
"Why do you like the band?" Violet asked.
"Well," Isabelle exhaled, "I guess for the same reasons. The music is applicable to life and it has meaning, like you said. They talk about the things that not everyone thinks about or normalizes. Don't trust a song that flawless you know?"
"Damn! We should like promote them!" Violet laughed.

The friends talked about songs they loved and even sang sections of songs.
They felt like they needed to rest before things got professional and fans had to line up at 4. It was currently 12:20.
Both of them walked back over to the group.
Ben smiled, "Hey you too! How's it going?"
"It's going well thanks. How are you guys?" Violet asked.
"Super good!" Sammy smiled.
"We wanted to get some rest and we were wondering if it would be any trouble if you guys just kept an eye on us." Isabelle asked politely.
Katrina nodded "Of course girls! Get some rest and we'll talk later!"
"Thanks again guys!" Violet smiled.
"No problem!" Ben hollered.

"You tired?" Vi asked the long haired brunette.
Isabelle shook her head, "No, but I'll make myself sleep cuz I gotta."
Violet chuckled and started to fall asleep.

The couples would look over and check up on the girls every once in a while while they had their own conversations.
"They are cute." Sammy chuckled.
"Thy are!" Katrina smiled.
Ben folded his arms getting his girlfriend's attention.
Sammy rolled her eyes, "You're cute too"