~FOURTEEN~

My cheeks began to heat at the realization. My brother Cole knows about the club. Fuck!! Does he mean that he knows about what happened in full detail with Damien? How!?

"I can tell that you're getting upset Ray. Please don't think Kaye or Damien told me. They were tight-lipped until just tonight. Zane called me the night before you were to attend because you're my sister. He knows how I am and informed me out of respect," he says. I honestly want to dig a deep hole and hide in it.

The fact that my brother knows anything about my sex life is not something I'd ever want to consider. I want to smack Zane around for not giving me a heads up. Asshole!

"I'll give you space. I'll allow you to make your own decisions. I won't interfere. You'll be nineteen in a couple of weeks, it's high time I start giving you the benefit of the doubt," He says making me smile.

"But I will never hold back my opinions. You and Damien, I don't like it," he says and I glare at him.

"He's your best friend! How can you automatically disapprove?" I ask.

"That's exactly why." He deadpans, looking at me as if I should have known. "I know him, Ray. He's not about settling down. He's all about getting what he wants and tossing them for the next one," he sighed.

"I thought the same thing when Kaye asked if I would be upset if she accepted your first date request when you came home. But I knew Kaye had to have been different because you were willing to proceed knowing if you fuck up, my relationship with you would be affected," I remind him.

He nods once and stands. "I don't know a lot about him, Ray. I know of his present life. But his past, he's never willingly talked about it. I just want you to know, even if you continue to see him. I really think he's going to break your heart. I've witnessed it many times back at school."

He gets up and heads to the door, before he could walk out I quickly point out, "Who says what Damien and I are doing is meant to be taken seriously?" I can't help but be defensive. I think I'm trying to convince myself more than Cole.

He paused with his hand on the knob, "I know you, sis. If you didn't care for him, you'd never give him a minute of your time. Whether it's happy or pissed." He stated. He turns and smiles, "I just hope he's worth it."

I fall back onto my bed looking up to the ceiling. Cole's words swam around in my head. I need to sleep. I feel like I've been in the twilight zone over the past few days.

I crawl up the bed and pull my pillow towards me and close my eyes. I softly whisper, "I know Cole. I know I'm making a bad decision but I can't fight it anymore. I'll take the heartbreak and do whatever he wants." But will you survive it?

I'm so FUCKED!

——————————————
Damien

I check my watch for the time, I've been waiting on this son of a bitch for two fucking hours. I'm seriously running on fumes at this point. He finally arrives, heading towards me while lighting a cigarette.

"I never imagined hearing from you again," Donald chuckles, blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"Well, I didn't plan to, that's for damn sure."

I called Donald, he's a Cleaner I've religiously used when in a bind because I honestly can't trust anyone. This is something I've had physically and mentally pounded into my head. Even though Cole and the guys swear to keep a tight lip, I'm not satisfied one bit.

                         ***

"Rule one?"  Father asked, circling me, holding the taser in his tight grip. I immediately feel the zaps he gave me a week ago for forgetting the number ten rule, I will be ruthless to whoever betrays me. That day I became distracted by one of the neighborhood kids. They were all playing basketball, laughing, and shoving playfully. I wanted to play like normal kids my age.

Hearing my father clear his throat, I quickly answer, "Trust no one," He smiled.

"And why is that, son?"

"Because I'm a Heart. Every family wants our position and power. My allies will be the first to betray me." I state, feeling relief when he pats my shoulder.

"Very good son and why are our allies the more obvious suspects?" He questions.

I search my brain and come up blank. God, I don't recall the answer. Shit!

The zap was quick but strong as he placed it on my side. My body jolts and falls to the ground. It hurts like hell, but I don't show the pain. I've felt the pain he inflicts if I show any weakness and I'd gladly take the taser to the unknown.

"Damien, this isn't fun for me. You know this answer. Our allies are more likely to betray us. Betrayal is never felt from an enemy, as we would always suspect an attack to take our position. Betrayal can only be felt from an ally or someone close. You are to TRUST NO ONE!" He roars, sticking the taser to my leg, and I immediately blackout from the pain.

________________

"What are you doing here?" Donald asked, bringing me out of my memory. I'm sure he's already heard I left, but I find it no one's business why.

"So, the payment is the same as usual?" I ask retrieving the yellow envelope from my truck, ignoring the question.

He raised his brow and nods once, "15K," he said and drops the cigarette on the ground. "I do miss your calls. I'm currently doing odd jobs just to keep afloat. That son of a bitch father of yours has completely let shit go. So many gangs have moved into town and he does shit. I should have more calls from him," he grumbles as he places the money in his pocket.

I quickly slide into my truck, "I have things I need to do," I inform, firing the engine. I don't really, expect to climb into bed with Ray. It will be easier to wake her when I get a couple of hours of sleep.

"Ok, I hope to hear from you soon," He salutes. I don't plan on it.

I nod and head home. I don't know why exactly, but I need to have her body pressed against mine before I allow myself to sleep. The girl is fucking sin. She has me doing things I've never done before. I'm done questioning and fighting it. The darkness in me wants this too much.

The previous night's activities run through my head and the thought of kissing her sweet lips has my cock hard and ready for her. I smile shaking my head. I pressed the gas pedal and chuckle.

Fuck baby giro, what are you doing to me?