CHAPTER 33

||BREAKING WALLS||

FAYE

Betrayed.

Nothing slay a heart than betrayal in its purest form. Hate swarmed my gut, burst then flowed into my veins like red hot wildfire. Piercing. Suffocating hate.

My thoughts swayed in and out. It felt like any minute, I'm gonna pass out.

"Do you remember when I told you his mom had a complicated marriage bed?" Aunt Laura shook her head, swallowing a lump in her throat. I knew this was hard for her too but at the time I can't bring myself to care. I remained immobile, tense in my seat, trying to hear every words.

I breathe in.

"Connor Larson wanted power. Immense power. By greed, he made an alliance with the Russian mob. The Silvetti familia. Both of them wanted insurance on both ends so an arrange marriage was proposed. At the time Lady Rosz was 19 years old, a fresh lady blooming into woman. She was paired to the young Silvetti, Emil. But there wasn't love at all. However they  became friends, turning the favor and loyalty to each family. Until Rosz had an affair with her personal body guard. Behind her father's back."

She sniffed, turning away to look at the morning sun. "She got pregnant. When Connor learned it, he hurt Rosz and threatened to kill the child right there but Rosz fought for her unborn child. Eventually, the news got out to the Silvetti. They wanted to abort the child. It was chaos..." she whispered, as if she's seeing it before her eyes.

"The arrangement was called off but Connor never let it go. He tried to persuade the Silvetti to remain on his side. When he found out Rosz was having twins, a new plan was set: kill the first child, keep the second child."

A shiver ran down my spine. I can't fathom how family hurt each other for power sake. For dominance. Money. I never understand how Larsons hold patriarchal code till now. Dark. Controlling.

"For Rosz defiance, she would lose her one child. The twins identity was hidden in falsified documents. Ivan was declared dead when he was sent away at a tender age of five. Cause of death: falling from second floor stairs. It was a perfect plan for Connor."

At this, she swallowed a sob, palming her mouth.

"Eric was supposed to inherit all legal business while Ivan rule the underground business both resuming the same name and identity."

"And I was a fool in the middle of it all..." I whispered, dashing fat tears running down my cheek. I looked away.

"No. Your coming into their life wasn't scheme. It wasn't plan at all believe me. Eric loved you and Iv—"

"Why I was kidnapped? What they want from me?" I brushed off the last words.

"Larsons has countless enemies,  Faye. Traitors waiting for the Chains downfall and along the way they used you as a tool. Romina Duncan wanted Ivan for herself,"

Romina.

The woman in the pictures being intimate with... Ivan crossed my mind and the most ridiculous feelings I encountered- jealousy... I shook my thoughts. I loved Eric not him!

"And Eric. Where's Eric..." I can't barely said it.

My heart was thumping. A slither of fear, hair on my back rise like a bad omen.

A deadly silence engulfed us. Only crows of lone bird was heard at distance, waiting for her reply.

She inhaled deeply, "Eric's dead."