CHAPTER 10

||Getting Comfy||

———
Something about you reminds me of something far in our sweet memories.
———

"Are you hungry? I have biscuits here," he was been asking that damn question for ten times now and I just kept silent, looking outside car window. Biting my lips, our memories together inside his car clouded my mind. How before he used to hold my hand as he drive, me talking about anything. Sitting inside his car, his woodsy scent all over my senses sent me back to that sweet days. But now its gone forever. 

I heard him sighed. When the silence became too much, he switched on the radio. I kept on shifting, playing with the ruffles of my robe. I felt weird being around him like this but there's a warmth in it. I don't know... Confused, I glared at his profile.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked him instead. He looked back, our drive stopped in a red light.
"Where do you think?" Eric lips' twitched a little, I bet hes trying to start a conversation but I'm more into leaving this space. 

I threw him a bland look.

"To my house,"

The moving view lulled me to sleep. I closed my eyes. Perhaps it was exhaustion and hunger, I didn't eat breakfast, that led me to drifting off.

○●○

"Faye," a hand shook me.

"Mmm...?"

"We're here, c'mon," the male voice whispered above me. I opened my eyes meeting a dark eyes. I blinked, adjusting to my surroundings. We were still inside the car; parked outside a big mansion. Still in daze I looked out familiarizing myself to the surrounding. Did he moved here now?

Eric stepped out and I followed him outside still disoriented from my sleep. Its already night and I enjoyed sleeping in his fluffy car seat. Its comfortable and smelled like—

Stop!

I puffed an air, feeling ridiculous.

"My man can carry it inside. C'mon, dinner is ready," he called when I moved to pick my bags on the backseat.

"Thanks..."

I followed behind, taking my time to admire the house's port design. Then a man dressed like a butler emerged from the entrance welcomed us with a small smile. They even tapped their hands together. They looked like friends and not in employer-employee relationship. Odd. Because I knew Eric was very professional in his subordinates. The butler even whispered to Eric.

When the butler saw me, whom Eric said his name was Mr. Vandross , he bowed to me like a lady in victorian era. I bowed too awkwardly smiling.

He passed us and went straight to the car, retrieving my stuff. While I followed Eric inside.

○●○

The interior design of the house was bomb! Beautiful and looked billion dollars was put into it. After Eric called a maid to lead me to a room—my temporary room—he disappeared upstairs. I didn't mind as I ventured my medium size room that look like five star hotel room. My room have a queen size bed, complete with stuff.

I threw my sling bag to the bed. My bags were tucked at the corner of the dresser. I sighed, rubbing my face. Your life sucks! 

After my shower, the maid laid cute dresses on the my bed. I wore a striped black and white knee dress and proceeded to a diner room. Eric was already there, texting on his phone near the window. A tight white tee and pants adorned his built frame. When he sensed us, he looked up and smiled.

My heart skipped a beat seeing him again like this. 

This is a bad idea!

I cleared my throat, when Eric intense gaze remained on my body. "Hi," the maid scurried out leaving us alone, I took a seat.

"Please make yourself comfortable. If you need anything you can tell me or my maids when I'm not here,"

"Thank you Eric...I really appreciate your help." I'm the first to tear my gaze from him, feeling a bad feeling settled my stomach. For a minute, I felt like I'm still hanging my life on him. I'm weak and he's strong force swallowing my self worth.

He sat and poured himself a wine. The table was filled with scrumptious food, that's when my stomach sang an embarrassing tune from lack of food as if my ego hasn't been burned enough.

"Let's eat," he softly beckoned. So, I kicked my bruised pride out of the window. It was stripped from me so what was the point?

Digging in to my food; I tried every dishes and all were delicately prepared. I want to give a salute to his cook. Little did I knew that he was staring at me the whole time while I ate like a pig!

I choked on my food when I caught him staring at me. He chuckled while I reached for a water.

"You know, at the car while you're sleeping, your stomach keeps on grumbling," he said, grinning. "So I called my cook to prepare your favorite dishes." He shrugged.

I blushed like cherry.  The truth was, somehow, I'm grateful that he showed up in the building because if he didn't, who knows where am I gonna stay for awhile or for a night.

He saved me.

"Yeah, I'm really hungry. I'm sorry," I bit my lips and looked down to my half eaten plate

I'm still hungry! I want to eat! Let me eat! How I wish I can say that.

"Go on,"

"You didn't eat?" I felt terrible devouring his table when I'm just his pathetic guest.

"No, its fine." He poured another drink. "So, what happened? Why you're outside the building," I gripped my fork, a bile rising my throat. Can I tell him it's because of him! This is ten times awkward now. However when my head lifted, he had a solemn look, a serious air enveloped us. I swallowed hard.

"Faye. You can tell me anything you know that, right?" 

"I'm suspended from work." I responded halft meeting his intense gaze. As Eric words sank into me, I wanted to scoff but I chose to munched on my food silently. While he just sat across me with a deep thoughts.