Chapter 30

The bell rang for 2nd hour.

I grab my stuff, get out of my seat and look at Stacy, which she is waiting for me at the outside door.

I look to my right and see the girls that were terrified at me. Their eyes meet mine and look away fast, waiting for me to leave. Weird.

I head for Stacy and leave the room.

"What's your second hour?" I asked.

"Art, Ms. Helena."

"Aw, man. I have Algebra 1, Mrs. Violet." I said dramatically.

"Well, see you after third hour?" (lunch)

"O-ok, see you then." She said giving me a tight hug and disappears into the loud crowd hallway.

I walk to hallway 214 and find Mrs. Violet's room. It's a very small room, full of mathematical posters making my brain and eyes boil from too much thinking.

"Ms. Shimada." a soft, quiet voice echoing the room, when I see a 5'4" elderly woman about her early thirties, brown short, curly hair, green eyes with glasses, sitting on a stool right next to the bulletin board that is the size of the whole twenty foot room, smiling, BIG.

She gets up, walking and smiling huge and starts to speak.

"You must be Ms. Shimada, correct?"

"Yes, ma'am?" I replied smiling along with her.

"Well I've heard that you've been struggling a LOT in Algebra, so you're pretty much the only one that's going to be in my class." She says happy.

"WHAAAAAAAT?!" I said out loud, making a shocking face, frozen.

"I know, right? We are going to have so much FUN!" She says acting like a teenage fangirl.

"Eeh." I said smiling awkwardly.

I wonder what Stacy, Raph, and the others are doing. I bet they're having better times than I am having. UGH! I wish I was at home, laying on my bed, thinking of Raphie than staying here having to memorize numbers, equations, Pythagorean Theorem.

Wait, 'Pythagorean Theorem'?! This class is taking me too seriously on the first day. UUGGGH!