Chapter 26

I stand in front of Grampa's front door of the antique shop and shake of embarrassment.

It was a quarter to 7 p.m., very dark, so I don't know whether I should knock or walk right in and tell him I'm home.

I squint and open my eyes. I showed no hesitation and knock three times on the door and waited.

Ten seconds passed by.

Fifteen.

Twenty. Twenty-one.

I couldn't wait any longer! I quickly opened the door and walked right in.

I dropped my bag and sob, shaking in fear, seeing Grampa lying on the cold, wood floor, pale.

"G-Grampa?" I said whimpering.

I walk slowly looking left and right to see if anyone was in the dark, black room.

I don't hear or see anything so I quickly run into Grampa, rolling his body to face me and put my head on his chest to hear his heartbeat.

It's weak, but thank god he's ok.

I lift him up, slowly and lay him down on the brown, soft couch and put a blanket over him.

"Who would do such a thing?" I whispered, wiping my tears with my fingertips.

I quickly turned around, locked the door, grabbed my phone and called Raph's cell.

I had to leave a message, so I try not to shake from the hand I was holding my phone and heard a beep.

"R-RAPH!! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, PLEASE PICK UP!! MY GRANDFATHER WAS ATTACKED!! HE'S UNCONSCIOUS, BUT OK."

My voice calms down.

"Please come over here. Bring the others, too. I-I don't know what to do. Please hurry!"

I ended the call and made a pallet on the floor next to Grampa.

He already set the Japanese alarm tune by looking at a green light in the corner of my eye.

I cuddle the thick blankets on me, letting tears fall down on my cheeks, and fall asleep, scared.