Part 9

▶️Tan! Kim Taehyung - Highway to hell

"Kimberly Taehyunington! How could you let that happen?"

I huff out a desperate breath as Jimin throws a pack of chips at me.

I, a messy lump of bones and clothes and beauty, am seated in a comfy cozy blanket on the floor of Jimin's room, cake at one hand and a pack of gummy bears at the other.

Jimin's at the door on the other side, wrapped in an old yellow blanket that he snatched from my house 10 years ago, sneezing every once in a while as he chews on a chocolate covered strawberry.

"How is this my fault?"

"Well, you could've done something."

"Like?" I ask, throwing the last bite of pizza in my mouth and that's when I hear a small sniffle from him, barely audible but it's from my best friend so I can not miss it.

I drop my food immediately and throw myself at him: "Oh, baby, don't cry, please. I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

It isn't.

But Jimin's my best friend and sometimes I must take the blame to make him feel better.

"I-I just," he whines in my favorite T-shirt, "I feel so awful now."

I chuckle: "Oh, trust me. I feel worse. Who would've thought I'd have to date your stupid brother?"

"I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT!"

"Oh," I murmur as he pushes himself away, forcing me to notice how awfully ugly he is when crying -  eyes bulged out and bloody, sniffling, choking on a sob.

"W-why did you let that Hoesuck guy take my love away from me?"

"Well, it wasn't really my choice-"

"YOU COULD'VE CHEATED."

"How the fuck?"

"You could've, for example, drowned him," he says in a matter-of-factly voice before he gives the camera in the corner an innocent, almost cute smile.

I smack the back of his head with a cold pizza slice.

"Trust me, I wanted to," I hiss out slowly, like I'm talking to a child that refuses to let go of the large plastic ice-cream on the streets.

He pushes away with a bitchy whine, wiping his teary eyes so he smears a bit of mascara on his pudgy fingers that soon busy themselves with dipping a piece of chips in chocolate.

"We get it - you need to date the guy you hate. But when did this talk become about you? You're so selfish sometimes," he pouts the cutest he can (which is not cute at all), bringing the food to his mouth.

I scoff.

"It's always been about me, Chimney. That is my camera, my stream."

"And this is my room, my floor and my brother we're talking about. Your point?"

"Touché."

It's quiet for a bit after that as I reach over for strawberries and cake, knowing I'll be feeling sick later on, even though I don't really care.

"I'm so full now, I'm going to puke on your floor."

"Fine by me. I'll just leave it there," Jimin shrugs, hugging his chubby legs, wrapped in ugly orange, to his chest as he continues with stale pizza.

"So, who got Jin?" he asks, pieces of pizza hitting the floor in front of me, making me form a disgusted face as the ugly boy grins with pepperoni stuck between his teeth, knowing how gross it actually looks.