Hearing a coughing noise I opened my eyes. Zane was spitting water out of his mouth and rolling onto his side.

   "Que Dios me perdone por que he jugado con el destino(May God forgive me for I have played with fate)." Kyle stood up and started pacing.

   "Ali get the others and make up a huge lie about this. I need to talk with him." I said.

   "Alright." She walked away.

  Zane, still coughing his lungs out, on his side, I patted his back to help him.

   "How are you?" I asked.

   "Been better." He seemed to have gotten the water out of his system.

   "What happened?" I kept my voice curious.

   "I'm not suicidal, honest. One moment I was talking to Ester, and then I'm in the water taking deep breathes."

   I stood up and reached my hand out to him. He took it and we sat on the bleachers, our hands intertwined.

   "You saved my sister and now me." He smiled.

   "I had help." I admitted.

   "Still saved me. You know, you're making it real easy for me to remember why I loved you." His smile grew.

   Is that supposed to be charming? Zayden asked.

   I looked away, too ashamed to let him see me. What would he think if he knew the ugly truth?

   "When do you want to collect your prize?" he changed the subject.

   "Prize?" I played blonde.

   "The prize you get for beating Ali and Kyle. One wonderful date with me." Zane beamed own at me.

   I was about to give Zane a very sarcastic answer when Kyle said, "Melody, come here!"

   "I'll be back. Stay here." I stood.

    "Yes ma'am." He saluted me.

   I went to Kyle and Aliyah. "What." I snapped wanting to get back to Zane.

   "I don't know. We can only breathe underwater, control people and move water inside people." Kyle replied.

   "How can we do this Mel? Why us?" Aliyah's voice quivered.

   "You guys ask me as if I know. Just list the facts." I said, annoyed.

   "Mind control." Kyle grinned.

   "Breathe underwater or hold our breath for an impossible amount of time. And when the three of us are in water together it's like drinking fifty red bulls." Aliyah added.

   "And when we go loco we can control water inside people." I finished.

  "What could it all mean?" Aliyah probed.

   "What could what mean?" Jordan's head appeared by my elbow.

   "Nothing niño. Run along." Kyle gently pushed Jordan.

   "I want to know what happened with Zane. You can fool the others but not me. What's up Mel? Tell me everything." Jordan crossed his arms.

   Should I?

   Yes little wave.

   "Okay but you won't believe me." I said, grinning.

   "Try me." He persisted.

   "What?! Mel, he's eight. Don't tell him anything!" Ali cried.

   "Aliyah, he's our cousin. We both know he won't give up, let's just tell him." I insisted.

   "This is a mistake." Kyle mumbles.

   "Trust me." I negotiated.

  "Fine." Kyle agreed.

   "If it's for the best." Aliyah backed down.

  "Jordan, get the others. We need to tell you all." I smiled at him. He nodded and, well, scampered away.

   "What are you doing Mel?"  Kyle's mad.

   "Maybe they can help us. Maybe weird stuff happens to them too." I matched his tone.

   "It's been our secret for too long. It's time to include others." Aliyah defended me.

    "If something goes wrong I'm using my power to make them forget everything you said." Kyle threatened.

   "We won't stop you." I said. At least we have that as a backup.

   "Jordan says you got shit to tell." Dmitri said.

   "Yes. Cousin and best friends, tell us." Ester mockingly said. I rolled my eyes. She's so dramatic.

    "Sit down." I began.

   They were seated when Declan said, "Mel what's going on?"

   I looked at Kyle and Aliyah, they nodded approvingly.

    "Ali, Kyle, and I all have strange connections to water...." The story I told was new to everyone's ears, I've never heard myself say these words aloud. I told them everything, beginning to end, with Kyle and Aliyah adding their own versions every now and then. The only thing I left out was Zayden.