Apparently we have a stalker complex

As we sneaked into Annabeth  and Thalia's room the gesture for us to be quiet. We freeze on the spot; only now I notice the open window.

It must be just above the stables because a distinct smell leaks into the room. Thalia listens intently and nods towards the window. I try to blend out the rustling leaves.

Down in the yard there are people speaking:"...being honest I focused on the food." The voice is deep but sound like it belongs to a younger man.

I get closer to the window and look down. The Bard and the Soldier are talking and the camouflage guy is feeding his horse next to them.

I pull my head back just as Soldier guy speaks up again:" But they were all wearing weapons which is kind of weird, even in these times. I mean they can't possibly handle them-they're way too young"

At this point I realise they must be talking about us "I know right? But now that I think about it they were probably just carrying them to scare off bandits." Thats the bard for sure. Thalia's eyes seem to be permanently stuck in the back of her head.

A third voice joins the conversation below:" I don't think you need to worry about them. When they sat down they were talking about the gods paying for dinner and later they stared at your coffee like they had never seen one before. I guess they're lunatics or they belong to Tennyson. Either way, they aren't our problem." That has to be camouflage guy.

" Alright. But what do we do about Tennyson?" The bard asks.

Sadly I don't know who Tennyson is or the whole conversation would be much more interesting.

Soldier guy replies immediately:" You two sneak into camp and kidnap him. It's that easy!"

Now I want to know what this Tennyson dude did to deserve to get kidnaped.

"Horace, we can't just kidnap him. The people would still believe in Alseiass, especially this who followed him through the entire country. We have to think of something to make them realise they've been tricked." That's camouflage guy. Apparently soldier guys name isn't soldier guy but Horace- thats a little disappointing although not surprising.

The Bard seems to have a better idea:" We could still kidnap him. Maybe people would stop believing him when they realise his god doesn't save him?"

Apparently they're after the same guy as we are. That a first, usually we are the ones getting chased.

"I understand your idea Will, but we should expose him to as many as possible so he can't get new followers again. I have an idea but I'm not done planning it out yet"camouflage guy admits.

So the bards name is Will. Great now there is two of them- chaos ensured.

Now Horace talks and I can hear the grin in his voice:" Another masterplan then, Halt?" Will the Bard chuckles:" Yeah please do enlighten us."

"Oh I will. But we should head inside and get room for the night. It's getting late."

Horace and Will mumble in approval and the three of them walk around the corner and close the tavern door behind them. Will quickly gets up and closes the door to the hallway. We left open it open because it could be squeaking and we were supposed to quiet.

Nico clears his throat:" That was... interesting to say the least." Annabeth's eyes are wide open as she rambles:" This is wonderful. We could travel with them, or even make them our allies. I bet they know their way around here and we only have a map. It could be of immense advantage! maybe they can fight very good too and-" Suddenly she stops talking.

Someone is coming upstairs. We hold our Breath but Nico's eyes get wide as he dissolved into shadows without saying a word, just seconds later we can hear our room door getting locked at the other end of the hall.

Now we have to wait. After a few minutes a satisfied looking Nico reappears in the shadows. 

As Annabeth lights the candle in the bedside table Nico throws a Bundle of Parchment on Thalias mattress. 

"I have our map" He says and adds with a light smirk:" And I have a route recommended from a few reliable but unknowing men in the room next to ours."

Will raises an eyebrow:" I'm sure your reliable but unknowing men are also unknowing of how thin the walls are, huh?"

Annabeth's  grin is wide:" I guess that settles it. But Nico... would you mind unlocking the door  again?"