Part Fourteen: Backyard Brutality

"Buddy!!" you call out while searching for the AI doll. It's been almost ten minutes and you still can't find him. Why does he keep running away? You think to yourself. You're doing everything you can to make him happy. Your heart pounds faster with every second and you start to panic. You look off into the distance, and you can only guess that Buddy wandered off into the downtown area. You sigh and start running out the backyard, and continue to call out for Buddy. You've gotten used to Buddy so much, he feels like he's your brother; so just imagine that feeling when your little brother accidentally runs off.
     You reach the roads and frantically look around. Out of quick reaction, you jerk your head up to the sky when you feel tiny, light raindrops fall on your face. You sigh. Shoot. But you shrug it off and remind yourself that you need to focus on Buddy, and Buddy only. You (illegally) cross the road and search just like you did in the backyard. You start muttering to yourself, "Oh, gosh, where is he?" You feel all hope die as you slump to the ground and sigh. Why does this have to happen? Why does this doll keep running away; you've been nothing but nice to him these past hours. But you stand back up when an idea comes to mind: Buddy probably ran to Gabriel's house. It's not a bad assumption, as Buddy was pretty obsessed with what Chucky was up to. You reach for your pocket and pull out your cellphone and proceed to call Gabriel once more. He answers quite quickly, which is a relief.
"Hey, Gabriel," you quickly say. "Uh, Buddy ran off, and I was wondering if you saw him anywhere."
"Uh, yeah, actually," he responds casually. "He ran to my house and he started hanging out with Chucky."
You squint your eyes in confusion. "Wow... Okay, then— coming over."
You put your phone back in your pocket and make your way to Gabriel's house. His house is only a few minutes away, and before you know it, you're already there.
You knock on the door and wait. And while you're waiting, you think to yourself, Oh, I'm so gonna have a talk with that doll.
Gabriel opens the door and you enter. The first thing you spot through the window is Buddy and Chucky playing outside. You turn to Gabriel. "This is strange."
He nods and you leave to go get Buddy. The dolls quickly jerk their heads towards your direction when they hear the backdoor open. You step out and cross your arms. "Buddy."
Buddy gives you the— well, let's just say you get the picture— face and he looks at Chucky to see his reaction. Chucky instead stares at you and slowly opens his mouth. "We were just having fun," he kindly tells you.
You scoff. You turn your attention back to Buddy. "So you think running off and making me very worried is fun?"
His face turns from happy to sad in less than a second, and it seems like he knows he did something wrong. It's like when a dog figures out what to do, and what not to do.
Chucky starts giggling. "You did that?" He asks Buddy.
Buddy nods, but not proudly. You roll your eyes and start walking over to the dolls. "Buddy, come on. No more of this 'fun.'" Chucky turns his head to you, and he seems pretty shocked.
"What?"
"Why do you care, anyway?" You question him. Honestly, since when did these two have a thing?
But suddenly, Chucky steps off the swing and stands in front of you. "Nobody gets in the way of my best buddy."
You're shocked. Like, really shocked. Chucky's supposed to be best buddies with Gabriel, and Buddy's supposed to be best buddies with you. You thought these dolls hated each other, especially with what happened at the sleepover.
You scoff at him again and reach for Buddy. He's in your arms right now, and he most certainly doesn't look happy. As you walk to the house, you hear Chucky sing, "I'll find ways to get himmmm. And youu, tooo." You pause; and suddenly that makes you remember about the downtown mishaps.
You turn around to face Chucky. "Y-You hacked Buddy that night, didn't you?"
Chucky smiles. His eyebrows shift down and his eyes narrow, with them turning to a bright red. You ignore it and continue to walk, but stop again when Buddy speaks.
     "Let me go, (Y/N)." He starts lightly pushing away from your arms.
     "Buddy, what the heck."
     He looks up at you and narrows his eyebrows. "Let me go."
     You're slightly shocked, but even MORE shocked when Buddy pulls out a knife from his back pocket. You immediately drop the doll on the floor and back away.
     Gabriel rushes outside. "What the heck's going on?"
     You worriedly look up at him with wide eyes. You then look down at Buddy, who has gotten up and now running towards you.
     You run fast and call out to Gabriel, "Help!"
     He immediately follows, and when Buddy isn't looking, kicks him out of balance and grabs the knife. Gabriel holds it up in defense and waits for Buddy to stand back up. You stand up, too, after falling to the ground. You stand there waiting, but suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your leg. It's excruciating, and you've never felt a pain worse than this. You quickly turn around to find Chucky with a bloody knife in hand. You lose balance and sit on the ground, and Gabriel just loses it. You can hear him mumbling oh my god as he covers his mouth in shock.
     "Tickle time." Chucky quickly walks over to you and you back up fast. You start panicking, not only with the sight you're seeing, but the pain in your leg! But half of the panicking stops when Gabriel takes a mallet to Chucky's head. You breathe heavily as you stare at the scene. You slowly turn your head to Buddy, who's just now getting up. But as Gabriel swings the mallet in the air, you shout, "Wait, stop!"
     Gabriel pauses and looks at you confused. "This doll tried to kill you, (Y/N)!"
     You scoot closer to Buddy and hold him up. His eyes aren't red anymore and he looks pretty fine. "Look, he's fine!"
     Gabriel slowly brings his arms down and soon drops the mallet. He shakes his head, and then says, "We gotta call an ambulance."
     "Well, what are we going to tell them when they see there's a doll bludgeoned in the head, two bloody knives on the ground, a mallet, and two humans? They're gonna send one of us to jail, and it'll probably you!"
     Gabriel's face shows the oh shoot look and he facepalms. "I'll just call my mom, she works at the children's hospital nearby." He then walks back to the house to get his phone. You stare at the wound and wince at the pain. The blood's running faster than you ran from Buddy. You try to place your hands on it to stop but that just makes the pain intensify. Never in your life did you think you'd be attacked physically by two dolls; let alone, be stabbed.