You're beautiful

I've actually written this part a while ago, but wasn't happy with it for some reason. It wasn't till I got some very nice and encouraging comments over the past few weeks that brought back my motivation and finally caused me to take the time to sit down and finish this part. I do hope you guys enjoy it and I want to thank you for your support, it means a lot to me! <3

---------------------------------------------------------

Freddy's environment felt soft when he woke up. Opening his eyes, he realized that he was back in the hut on the bed, wrapped up in a blanket that kept him warm. The sun was still shining, but it had to be afternoon by now.

At first, Freddy was too lazy to get up. The bed was way too comfortable. It took him some time until he finally got over his laziness and slipped out of the cozy covers. The air that met him was cooler than expected and made a shiver run down Freddy's spine. He had gotten used to laying under the warm blanket, so he'd just have to walk around a little to warm himself up again. With that thought in mind, Freddy got up from the bed and stretched, letting out a groan.

It was only then that Krueger realized he was the only one in the wooden room. He also noticed that he had been on the pier when he finally had drifted off after days without sleep - in Jason's arms. He must have carried him into the hut and covered him with the soft blanket on the bed. Freddy could have sworn he blushed in that moment, because he felt his cheeks growing warm and his heartbeat fastened.

Trying to sort himself out, Freddy shook his head.

"Get your shit together", the burnt man muttered, as he rubbed his eyes.

After staring out of the window for some time, not even knowing what he actually was watching outside, the killer decided to go out and look for Jason. He picked up his hat from the table and stopped himself when he reached for his glove.

"I don't think I'll need that", Freddy muttered and shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers. The floor boards were creaking like always, as Krueger turned around and walked towards the door.

Finding Jason didn't take long, because Freddy had already caught sight of him after opening the door. The taller killer was sitting on the ground - about 20 feet from Freddy - his back turned to the hut. From what Freddy could see, it seemed that Jason was drawing something in the dirt.

"Hey, Jason! Whatcha doing?", Freddy called as he walked up to him. The killer, seemingly a little startled, turned around to look at Freddy before hastily turning back to his drawing.

"What's that?", Freddy asked, now standing directly next to Jason.
The taller man seemed to panic a little and tried to cover the drawing with his hands, but Krueger had already seen it.

"Is that me?", he questioned now. Freddy was very impressed of how a picture in the dirt could resemble him so much, but also very confused to why Jason would even draw him.

Jason turned to Freddy and nodded slightly. Krueger noticed that Voorhees was a little nervous, but ignored it, shoving away his thoughts about why the killer was so on edge all of a sudden.

"That's.. Impressive! I didn't know you could draw that well, hockey puck!"

Freddy couldn't see it because of the mask, but it did seem like Jason was smiling behind it. His pupils were as big as the last time he had looked at him like that. For some reason it made Freddy feel weak. His legs started to feel like jelly and his stomach seemed to twist in every possible direction as he stared into those beautiful eyes, Jason surprisingly holding that gaze as well. Freddy was pulled out of his trance as the taller man stood up, making Freddy remember how tall the killer was. A shiver ran down Freddy's spine and his breath felt like it got stuck in his throat. Why was he feeling so strange? This had never happened before and it only had started with.. Jason.

Was he the reason for it? Did he cause this feelings in him?

Freddy gazed up at the other killer, fighting the urge to just wrap his arms around him or rip off his mask to see the others smile. The urge to just do something grew bigger from second to second.

Freddy wondered if Jason had read his mind, because he reached out to take the burnt hands into his, squeezing them gently like Freddy had done on the pier before. Krueger returned the favor, squeezing the others hands softly as well, as Freddy smiled up at the other killer and silently thanked himself for leaving back his glove.

The men stayed like this for a moment before Freddy let go of Jason's hands and slowly reached for his mask instead. He was so close, but yet so far from seeing his face, when he felt Jason's hands wrap around his wrists, holding them in place. Had this happened at another point of his life, Freddy might have been frightened, but right now, he just smiled. His expression was genuine and soft, which apparently caused Jason to relax a bit. He still did hold the other's wrists though, not daring to let go of them.

"Jason..", Freddy began, his voice deep, but words coming out soft, "You don't have to be afraid. I don't want to laugh at you. I don't want to shout at you. I just want to look at you, like you look at me."

Jason appeared to think about Freddy's words. When he had finally made up his mind, the taller man slowly let go of the others wrists and Freddy waited patiently while Jason nervously lifted his old mask, his hands shaking slightly.

Voorhees let the mask fall to the ground and closed his eyes. He didn't want to see the others reaction, didn't want to see a mocking grin on his cute face. That's why Jason was surprised when he felt Freddy's hands on his cheeks, thumbs wiping away the tears that had started to dwell from his eyes.

"You're beautiful", Freddy whispered, his thumbs now softly running from Jason's cheeks to his nose and back in a rhythm.

Jason opened his eyes, shocked. Freddy didn't mean that, right? Jason's face was deformed. It had been since he was born. The kids had always made fun of him and the only one who had ever called him beautiful had been his mother. The thought of her made him sad, causing more tears to dwell from his eyes. Freddy was still holding his cheeks and wiped the new tears away.

"It's okay, Jason. I mean it. You are beautiful.", Freddy said gently. If his past self could have seen him right now, he would have laughed at his kindness, but the past was over. In this very moment Krueger meant what he said and Jason knew by the soft look, that the burnt man was giving him, that he was being honest. He had no intention to hurt Jason, to make fun of him. All of those bad thoughts had been wiped from Freddy's mind and the other man understood.

It didn't take long for Jason to calm down and relax in the others touch, burying his cheeks in the scarred hands. He shivered slightly as one of Freddy's thumbs ran over his lower lip and Freddy's heart skipped a beat. Krueger hadn't expected Jason's lips to be so soft. Fixing his gaze on his dark lips, Freddy ran his thumb over them again, feeling Jason's warm breath on his fingertip. A strange warmth flooded the smaller man at the weird sensation and Freddy only noticed himself leaning towards the soft lips, when his own almost brushed against them. Voorhees's breath felt warm on his own skin and Krueger let out a shuddery sigh. He moved his gaze from Jason's lips to his eyes, before he finally closed the distance between them. For a moment, time stopped. Freddy could feel the soft lips against his own and soon their lips started to move rhythmically. Fireworks seemed to explode behind Freddy's closed eyelids. His heartbeat was so intense that he felt like he might burst from the pressure. Leaning into Jason even more, standing on his toes, Freddy tried to find his balance by gripping onto Jason. His hands found a halt on the others arms before they moved to his back, one hand resting there and the other moving up to the side of his neck. Freddy felt Jason's arms wrap around him in return, one staying on his waist and the other running up his back and landing on his neck as well.

For some time the two killers held each other in a loving embrace, their lips melting together.
Freddy's hat and Jason's mask lay in the dirt, long forgotten.